DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

6xDollyZoom - Test1

MachDiamond

Reactions
For shiets-n-giggles only.

Results will be rough - suspect manual synchronization of zoom will be tricky...
1546226603633.png

Did not know how to post the Excel calculator but anyway this is just a test article.
1546226691237.png

Subject is silhouette of Toyota FJ commuter vehicle @ 16ft w/ building as background to subject - parking-lot is typically empty on weekends / holiday...weather permitting...tomorrow.
1546226920221.png

Revised positioning: Mission Hub - Litchi

Cannot figure out how to rotate about the POI. This could be handy to tweak in the field w/o the usual way point scatter, frustrations and ultimate reaction to scrub the mission.

Got the usual eye-roll from wifey this AM also when the P4P was mentioned as means to capture the M2 jerky response...

Results are as expected.
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-8JnKTNZ/0/a5b5adc6/1920/i-8JnKTNZ-1920.mp4

Many glitches encountered within Litchi and operationally still scratching head to understand things but anyway the effort validates fundamentals of DollyZoom and the rest is discovery and explains best why this is a killer entry point for such fun technology...a lessons learned will be compiled - overcoming user errors and better test scene selection will yield improved results - stay tuned for more.

Litchi developers if listening well done on zoom status but why not add zoom to task list? And why oh why does the RC dedicated record button not work? Likely user error to not properly assign. Did not like not being able to defeat obstacle avoidance - the recovery modes are a tad glitchy but overall good experience no traumas of any sort just feel dumb someimes stumbling thru.

So there is no automatic dolly zoom in litchi. I want the Mavic 2 Enterprise, but I'm not willing to sacrifice on all of the intelligent camera modes that DJI Go 4 offers. Suggestions?

So there is no automatic dolly zoom in litchi. I want the Mavic 2 Enterprise, but I'm not willing to sacrifice on all of the intelligent camera modes that DJI Go 4 offers. Suggestions?
May I ask, out of interest, why you want the Enterprise but also want the camera modes of the standard M2?

The Enterprise is aimed at users that do not need fancy camera modes, they just need a camera and the accessories to do a job. If you want a Mavic 2 for fun then the Enterprise is likely not the drone for you.

May I ask, out of interest, why you want the Enterprise but also want the camera modes of the standard M2?

The Enterprise is aimed at users that do not need fancy camera modes, they just need a camera and the accessories to do a job. If you want a Mavic 2 for fun then the Enterprise is likely not the drone for you.
The reason I want both features is because my business caters to both areas. I do photography and videography as well as assisting with EMS operations.

Reactions: TR Ganey
The reason I want both features is because my business caters to both areas. I do photography and videography as well as assisting with EMS operations.
That makes sense, and I guess it's not a totally uncommon use case for an individual operator.

It would then depend on whether the accessories or intelligent flight modes are more important to you.

Really? What about, Way Points. Lets say I have a large piece of industrial property and want to fly the same security surveillance mission every hour. With WPs a chimp can do it, without, more skill is required. Also, if the platform is autonomous, the operator can spend time surveilling instead of flying. I have a friend who does construction progress videos for Investment Bankers, he also uses WP's and POI to give his clients the same perspective each time they review. And why wouldn't a first responder find Tap to Fly or Orbit a POI useful? These are just few of many examples why DJI should have left the features in the Enterprise version.

Results are as expected.
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-8JnKTNZ/0/a5b5adc6/1920/i-8JnKTNZ-1920.mp4

Many glitches encountered within Litchi and operationally still scratching head to understand things but anyway the effort validates fundamentals of DollyZoom and the rest is discovery and explains best why this is a killer entry point for such fun technology...a lessons learned will be compiled - overcoming user errors and better test scene selection will yield improved results - stay tuned for more.

Litchi developers if listening well done on zoom status but why not add zoom to task list? And why oh why does the RC dedicated record button not work? Likely user error to not properly assign. Did not like not being able to defeat obstacle avoidance - the recovery modes are a tad glitchy but overall good experience no traumas of any sort just feel dumb someimes stumbling thru.
I could not get any intelligent flight modes to work with my M2E Zoom. At first, it looked like they would but upon execution, I got an error message that the craft needed to be in P mode, which it already was. If you get a moment, would you mind publishing more details on your process sequence. Thank you.

Really? What about, Way Points. Lets say I have a large piece of industrial property and want to fly the same security surveillance mission every hour. With WPs a chimp can do it, without, more skill is required. Also, if the platform is autonomous, the operator can spend time surveilling instead of flying. I have a friend who does construction progress videos for Investment Bankers, he also uses WP's and POI to give his clients the same perspective each time they review. And why wouldn't a first responder find Tap to Fly or Orbit a POI useful? These are just few of many examples why DJI should have left the features in the Enterprise version.

What about the mission mode of DJI Pilot? I haven't actually used DJI Pilot since it left beta so I've never tried it.

The Police/military customers we've worked with don't use any of the intelligent flight modes, no need for them for that sort of work. I'm sure people would find a use for them if they were included though.

Since DJI have gone to the hassle to actually develop the flight modes it does surprise me that they don't include them in DJI Pilot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS