DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

7" Tablet for Mavic Air (Android)

Reactions
Hi all, what is the best 7" Tablet (android) for DJI Go 4 on my MA? Will a Samsung 7" Tab A work on DJI Go 4? Will a Neon IQ 7" Tablet work with DJI Go 4?

I have the Samsung 8 inch Tab A.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075VSG1TQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Mine fits snug but absolutely within the arms of the Mavic Air controller. Lengthwise, of course it will fit short side too.
I use it mostly for Litchi, so when I do use it with DJI GO4, I must remember to kill the opposing app. ***This means if I need a DJI token to take off, I must use DJI to process the token first, take off, then hover. Then, I must terminate GO4 and FORCE STOP the app. Then I must start Litchi and fly my mission.*** It all has to do with the DJI SDK (Software Development Kit). They confuse each other if you do not force stop the one not in use first before start the other. It works vice versa as well.

Hi all, what is the best 7" Tablet (android) for DJI Go 4 on my MA? Will a Samsung 7" Tab A work on DJI Go 4? Will a Neon IQ 7" Tablet work with DJI Go 4?
I tried twice with 2 different Samsung Tab A (A6) but I could not get images.
I tried hard many things unsuccessfully so I gave up and bought a good mount from Amazon (Freewell Aircraft Grade Aluminum Alloy) and used my existing Samsung S2 tablet, it works perfectly....
The 7' Tab A fits well between the handles but apparently it is a hit or miss... probably a combination of software issues and not performant enough CPU.

Checkout the Nvidia Shield tablet, not made anymore but can be found used on Ebay. Made for gaming with a powerful processor, HDMI port, excellent graphics and GPS. I lucked out and picked one up for $100. This is an example:

NVIDIA Shield 8" 16GB, Wi-Fi Tablet - Black | eBay

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS