DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

8" android tablet that works 100% with Dji Fly app.

AG Flights

Reactions
I have been reading for over 1 month all the posts regarding the tablets that are working or not with the app, and still cannot find one that works 100% and it's cheap enough to buy. I want a tablet that has compass and works flawlessly with this app and that doesn't cost as much as the drone itself.

So, can you post what are you using? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: elit and Droniac
I have been reading for over 1 month all the posts regarding the tablets that are working or not with the app, and still cannot find one that works 100% and it's cheap enough to buy. I want a tablet that has compass and works flawlessly with this app and that doesn't cost as much as the drone itself.

Andrei. Just like you, after spending quite a bit of time trying to find a relatively inexpensive tablet to I recently purchased an 8" tablet that had an octocore 64bit processor and working off android 9. It cost €115. (enough to pay for a tablet that's only going to be used for flying purposes) Wouldn't show the app in Playstore so I went to DJI website and downloaded the file off there and it launched on the tablet. When I tried to connect the RC + AC + tablet, it would not connect.. Just this afternoon I came upon a shop that had a Gala.. Tab A T290 8" at a reasonable price but in my research I see that the said tablet (European release as opposed to USA release) is not compatible with DJI Fly.. Just like you Andrei, I can't justify or indeed afford to pay €500 for a tablet that might be stuck in the bag for weeks on end... Your thoughts please..?

Reactions: CLAYB.7
Andrei. Just like you, after spending quite a bit of time trying to find a relatively inexpensive tablet to I recently purchased an 8" tablet that had an octocore 64bit processor and working off android 9. It cost €115. (enough to pay for a tablet that's only going to be used for flying purposes) Wouldn't show the app in Playstore so I went to DJI website and downloaded the file off there and it launched on the tablet. When I tried to connect the RC + AC + tablet, it would not connect.. Just this afternoon I came upon a shop that had a Gala.. Tab A T290 8" at a reasonable price but in my research I see that the said tablet (European release as opposed to USA release) is not compatible with DJI Fly.. Just like you Andrei, I can't justify or indeed afford to pay €500 for a tablet that might be stuck in the bag for weeks on end... Your thoughts please..[emoji4]
I saw that the galaxy t290 does not have compass. I was looking at the same tablet, but I have decided not to buy it.
Maybe someone around here will post what tablet is using and it's working at 100% with the app.

'does not have compass' please explain...[emoji4]
It does not have a built it compass, so the dji fly app cannot determine your position in order to show you where you are comparing with the position of the drone( behind, in front, to the right or left). It's that little arrow on the app left corner. It's not an issue if you fly in VLOS.
I hope I've made myself clear enough! [emoji2]

It does not have a built it compass, so the dji fly app cannot determine your position in order to show you where you are comparing with the position of the drone( behind, in front, to the right or left). It's that little arrow on the app left corner. It's not an issue of you fly in VLOS.
I hope I've made myself clear enough! [emoji2]
Thank you ever so much.. Completely understand now..??

Is a compass really necessary? Even if you are beyond VLOS, which you shouldn't be I know, can you not just do an RTH or failing that just point the drone to the HP you have set and fly it there.

Reactions: MartinAir2
Is a compass really necessary? Even if you are beyond VLOS, which you shouldn't be I know, can you not just do an RTH or failing that just point the drone to the HP you have set and fly it there.
It's not 100% necessary, but better safe than sorry.

And about the VLOS, this drone is so small that after a few metres it's almost invisible. [emoji23]

Reactions: RandyV
The compass is absolutely necessary. If you lose the drone from your sight, you are not able to point yourself ( and the RC) to the correct drone direction. You will lose connection and of course the range will be decrease because of incorrect RC pointing. Good working tablet is Huawai Media Pad M5 ( 10 or 8 inch AND NOT lite version). Another one is Asus Zen pad 8....

The compass is absolutely necessary. If you lose the drone from your sight, you are not able to point yourself ( and the RC) to the correct drone direction. You will lose connection and of course the range will be decrease because of incorrect RC pointing. Good working tablet is Huawai Media Pad M5 ( 10 or 8 inch AND NOT lite version). Another one is Asus Zen pad 8....
Correct!

Have you tested those tablets?
I was looking at a Huawei M5 but I'm not sure if it has a magnetometer.

The info from the internet is confusing.

Reactions: MartinAir2
Have you tested those tablets?
Here's a list of tested phones and tablets:
You need to look at the column on the right (the blue one) for DJI Fly
I was looking at a Huawei M5 but I'm not sure if it has a magnetometer.
The M5 is about the best flying tablet you can get.
It has a compass (like almost every Android tablet (except a few odd ones).
The info from the internet is confusing.
Use Google and search for gsmarena + the tablet model and you'll get accurate information

Here's a list of tested phones and tablets:
You need to look at the column on the right (the blue one) for DJI Fly

The M5 is about the best flying tablet you can get.
It has a compass (like almost every Android tablet (except a few odd ones).

Use Google and search for gsmarena + the tablet model and you'll get accurate information
Yes indeed a very clear and helpful site thank you, with a wide variety to choose from.. I work off android and for me all the smaller tablets I was looking for on that site weren't available on Amazon UK. With all the variants and maybe my lack of tech savvy I'm reluctant to source them from any other region.. Amazon have without any quibble refunded me on the two tabs I got from them but don't expect it would be as easy from other sources..?

Here is the list I found most helpful.
I had a Samsung Tab 2 and it is NOT compatible. My young family members had Apple tablets and when we checked their age, they were NOT compatible. ( like me, too old) I went to Best Buy and bought the Samsung s6. I thought it through this way. I have already spent $500. on the drone, two extra batteries, the tablet mount, etc. It was on sale for $299.00. You need the 30 cm cable Type C to Type C.
Enjoy and fly with confidence and know when you hit RTH that it will!

I looked over many tablets and finally chose the Samsung Galaxy Tablet S5e 3 months ago. Specs - 4GB RAM (Try te 6GB if you can), 64GB memory with an external micro SD card slot - so an additional 128GB.

Works like a charm does what it says and is quite viewable in even fairly bright conditions. Under extreme sun I just position myself with some cover/shade. Fits very neatly on my remote/extender and has a very clear screen.

Happy

I am using this 10"M5...one of the best tablet which I eve

I'm looking at this tab on AliExpress and would appreciate your opinion...

Original Lenovo Tab M8 (FHD) TB-8705F/N 8.0 inch Tablets 4GB 64GB/ 3GB 32GB Android 9.0 Helio P22T Octa Core..​

When I look at the finer points it says. Your thoughts and experience I'd really appreciate..?
Look forward to your reply when you can.. Enjoy your weekend..

This tablet has 2 versions. One is 4gb ram 64gb rom wifi version (without sim card slot). Another is 3gb ram 32gb rom 4G LTE version (with sim card slot).

1. CPU: Helio P22T octa core(4x2.3GHz + 4x1.8GHz)
2. Android 9.0 operation system.
3. 8.0 inch IPS 1920x1200 FHD screen
4. Support dolby stereo sound and face identification
5. Power by 5100mAh battery

General
Screen Size8.0 inch
CPUHelio P22T Octa Core up to 2.3GHz
OSAndroid 9.0
RAM4GB
Network CommunicationBluetooth, Wifi
ModelTB-8705F
Processor ManufactureMTK
ROM64GB
External MemoryTF card up to 128GB (not included)
Screen TypesIPS Capacitive Screen
Display Resolution1920 x 1200
Interfaces1 x TF Card Slot
1 x Micro USB v2.0
1 x 3.5mm Earphone Port
Supporting LanguagesEnglish, Simple Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Support multi-languages
Additional FeaturesG-sensor, Proximity Senser, Light Sensor, Accelerometer Senser, GPS
Network
WiFi802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11ac, 2.4GHz/5GHz
BluetoothV5.0
Camera
Camera TypesDual, Rear Camera, Front Camera
Rear Camera13.0MP
WithLED flash, AF
Front Camera5.0MP
Battery
Capacity5100mAh
Dimensions
Size198.2 x 122.6 x 8.15mm
Weight305g
Package Include
Package Contents1 x Tablet PC
1 x US Plug Power adapter
1 x User manual
1 x USB cable

I'm looking at this tab on AliExpress and would appreciate your opinion...

Original Lenovo Tab M8 (FHD) TB-8705F/N 8.0 inch Tablets 4GB 64GB/ 3GB 32GB Android 9.0 Helio P22T Octa Core..​

When I look at the finer points it says. Your thoughts and experience I'd really appreciate..?
Look forward to your reply when you can.. Enjoy your weekend..

This tablet has 2 versions. One is 4gb ram 64gb rom wifi version (without sim card slot). Another is 3gb ram 32gb rom 4G LTE version (with sim card slot).

1. CPU: Helio P22T octa core(4x2.3GHz + 4x1.8GHz)
2. Android 9.0 operation system.
3. 8.0 inch IPS 1920x1200 FHD screen
4. Support dolby stereo sound and face identification
5. Power by 5100mAh battery

General
Screen Size8.0 inch
CPUHelio P22T Octa Core up to 2.3GHz
OSAndroid 9.0
RAM4GB
Network CommunicationBluetooth, Wifi
ModelTB-8705F
Processor ManufactureMTK
ROM64GB
External MemoryTF card up to 128GB (not included)
Screen TypesIPS Capacitive Screen
Display Resolution1920 x 1200
Interfaces1 x TF Card Slot
1 x Micro USB v2.0
1 x 3.5mm Earphone Port
Supporting LanguagesEnglish, Simple Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Support multi-languages
Additional FeaturesG-sensor, Proximity Senser, Light Sensor, Accelerometer Senser, GPS
Network
WiFi802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11ac, 2.4GHz/5GHz
BluetoothV5.0
Camera
Camera TypesDual, Rear Camera, Front Camera
Rear Camera13.0MP
WithLED flash, AF
Front Camera5.0MP
Battery
Capacity5100mAh
Dimensions
Size198.2 x 122.6 x 8.15mm
Weight305g
Package Include
Package Contents1 x Tablet PC
1 x US Plug Power adapter
1 x User manual
1 x USB cable
It doesn't have a compass. I returned mine because of that. I ended up getting the Asus Zenpad Z8s.

Reactions: CLAYB.7
It doesn't have a compass. I returned mine because of that. I ended up getting the Asus Zenpad Z8s.
Great concise reply, thank you.. Out of my basket... Re your suggestion. There seems to me to be so many variants.. Try as I might, I can't seem t o get the tab you suggest.. ?

Reactions: RandyV
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser