DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

8 MILE DRONE FLIGHT!!! | Mavic 2 Desert Max Range Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was right at about 20%, unlimited VLOS, its just my spotter watching a spec.

It's impossible for any human to have eyes on their Mavic at anything even remotely beyond a few hundred yards or so. To even suggest you (or your VO) had eyes on the aircraft at a few miles is actually an insult to those who watch your videos and read your posts.

It's impossible for any human to have eyes on their Mavic at anything even remotely beyond a few hundred yards or so. To even suggest you (or your VO) had eyes on the aircraft at a few miles is actually an insult to those who watch your videos and read your posts.

It's an insult to suggest I don't have a $30 pair of binoculars for my spotter to use when I'm flying my $1,300 drone... I know people love being sticklers, but can we just enjoy the desert? <3

It's an insult to suggest I don't have a $30 pair of binoculars for my spotter to use when I'm flying my $1,300 drone... I know people love being sticklers, but can we just enjoy the desert? <3
If this is for purposes of adhering to FAA regulations regarding VLOS, it’s clearly stated that you need a waiver to fly a UAS beyond your ability to clearly determine its orientation with unaided vision. Binoculars aid your vision.

If this is for purposes of flouting the FAA’s regulations but maintaining visual contact with your $1,300 drone, you’re on the mark.

If this is for purposes of adhering to FAA regulations regarding VLOS, it’s clearly stated that you need a waiver to fly a UAS beyond your ability to clearly determine its orientation with unaided vision. Binoculars aid your vision.

If this is for purposes of flouting the FAA’s regulations but maintaining visual contact with your $1,300 drone, you’re on the mark.

I eat a lot of carrots and have super-human vision, it's just not hard to see when its contrasted with a blue sky and no clouds.

Why does it look like the distance/altitude "section" of the vid look like it is superimposed over the main frame?
Watch the terrain as it "goes underneath" the dist/altitude" area of the screen vid....

I eat a lot of carrots and have super-human vision, it's just not hard to see when its contrasted with a blue sky and no clouds.
No way, please dont imply it’s VLOS when it clearly could not be based on this:

No way, please dont imply it’s VLOS when it clearly could not be based on this:

he isn’t implying it’s vlos. He’s openly flaunting and thumbing his nose at simple, basic regulations.

As noted above, binoculars are visual aid devices and so their use cannot be used to rationalize extending VLOS per FAA rule. I think they should be allowed as visual aid devices, but I do not make the rules. Obvious disregard (and then posting) such violations will simply mean we will have to deal with even more rules
In the future.

As noted above, binoculars are visual aid devices and so their use cannot be used to rationalize extending VLOS per FAA rule. I think they should be allowed as visual aid devices, but I do not make the rules. Obvious disregard (and then posting) such violations will simply mean we will have to deal with even more rules
In the future.
Yeah, I can see it now - mandatory maximum distance lockdown and it will probably be way less than what one can see it clearly at.

Last edited:
Why does it look like the distance/altitude "section" of the vid look like it is superimposed over the main frame?
Watch the terrain as it "goes underneath" the dist/altitude" area of the screen vid....

Something went wrong with my render and the crop got messed up, but its because I am showing you the screen recording but the footage is the 4k footage from the drone. It would look terrible if it were all a screen recording.

Reactions: Flycaster
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000