DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

8K Hyperlapse post production technique - pan & zoom - thoughts?

Dangerly

Reactions

Yesterday I shot this 8K hyperlapse going out over the San Francisco Bay at sunset, with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. It took 15 minutes of flight time. What I'm looking for feedback on, is the post production pan and zoom I did on this clip:

1636036491040.png

Assuming a 4K export, I was hoping that the 8K resolution would allow me to achieve this level of zoom without losing noticeable quality. What do you think? In this Youtube video, you can hit the pause button and use the scrub bar to look at a frame at the beginning, and compare the visual quality with a frame towards the end.

I apologize for not answering your questions, but what shoots 8k video?
If you don't have an 8K capable video camera you take still photos with a high enough resolution camera (typically means >~45MP) and assemble them into a video. Doubt it was 8K to start with here though, OP didn't mention what camera was used.

As to the video the pan&zoom is great but a bit too much loss of quality at then end IMO. But the video itself is so compressed it's all mushy anyway, 15Mbps is way too little for fast moving water surface detail.

Last edited:
Reactions: drone_dh
I did some looking, apparently a Mavic Air 2 does 8K Hyperlapse and Timelapse... I had no idea.

Edit - for something that got me excited about 8k video, and wanting to view it again to see what "compressed" means, it *does* seem kind of blurry. I would guess that is what you mean @Kilrah by compressed or mushy.
Hey, I'm using this sub-forum to learn what to do, or not do, in my video processing...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929