Join Us Now

3 8K Manual Timelaps at Nigth

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
I made these time-laps yesterday with my Mavic 3 on 8K resolution from 800 pictures. Enjoy !!

I like the airplanes landing and taking off an the end.

Nice one! I like shooting sunset time laps videos.

You can buy one if you want. I make it in 8K because I can not because I need to. Take longer processing power but... idc. :)

I made these time-laps yesterday with my Mavic 3 on 8K resolution from 800 pictures. Enjoy !!

Zeusfl:

So as I understand this, you put the M3 up in the air, and did 800 consecutive single shots on camera mode? Or was it on video mode? As you probably know from my posts, I am still in the deciding stage of getting the M3 and I have had terrible luck with doing sunsets or timelapses in hover because I get a terrible wobble which cannot be corrected by warp stabilization in Premiere or Adobe After Effects. Please tell your process on this video if you would be so kind.

I already know how to process timelapse so I don't need to know that part of the process- just the drone part.

Dale
Miami

Dale,
I just took pictures hovering every 2 seconds in fully automatic mode. Then imported in premiere and apply warp stabilization. However, if I want a perfect image like my other timelapse I export the video from the premiere and reprocess the video in Davinci Resolve 17 studio and I normally get a perfect result. like in the video below.

Dale,
I just took pictures hovering every 2 seconds in fully automatic mode. Then imported in premiere and apply warp stabilization. However, if I want a perfect image like my other timelapse I export the video from the premiere and reprocess the video in Davinci Resolve 17 studio and I normally get a perfect result. like in the video below.

I just watched that and I am jealous. It was terrific. I'm still a bit confused by the procedure. You say "fully automatic." I am using an M2P. Do you use CAMERA mode every 2 second time-lapse. That allows me 125 exposures and I then have to re-start. I can get three cycles of 125 shots at 2 second intervals that way. I process in LR Time-lapse, and warp stabilizer in Premiere. At 3 x 125 shots, I get 375 shots before battery is low.

Dale

No time-laps mode at all. Is just a normal shot every 2 seconds.

With the Mavic 3, I can hover for about 32 minutes. In theory, by taking 1 shot every 2 seconds for 27mins you can get around 800 pictures. However, aproach altitude + getting ready the camera + landing leave me with almost 23 mins flying time.

Check the weather. Was windy and the M3 did an amazing job maintaining the camera steady.

With the Mavic 3, I can hover for about 32 minutes. In theory, by taking 1 shot every 2 seconds for 27mins you can get around 800 pictures. However, aproach altitude + getting ready the camera + landing leave me with almost 23 mins flying time.

Sorry to be picky but you are using camera mode right? And there is a mode for continuous shooting or multiple shots? Sorry I don't have the M3 and that is why I am asking.

Yes is camera mode and there is an option to shoot every 2sec minimum up to every 30 seconds.

I just watched that and I am jealous. It was terrific. I'm still a bit confused by the procedure. You say "fully automatic." I am using an M2P. Do you use CAMERA mode every 2 second time-lapse. That allows me 125 exposures and I then have to re-start. I can get three cycles of 125 shots at 2 second intervals that way. I process in LR Time-lapse, and warp stabilizer in Premiere. At 3 x 125 shots, I get 375 shots before battery is low.

Dale

I have never owned an M2P, but the newer models of drones are not limited to 125 shots. The only limit is your battery or memory card.

Reactions: zeusfl
The limitation came when you use the time-laps or "hyper lapse" making the drone do the post-processing output video. I just take the pictures and make the video from pictures in premiere or DaVinci or both.

The limitation came when you use the time-laps or "hyper lapse" making the drone do the post-processing output video. I just take the pictures and make the video from pictures in premiere or DaVinci or both.
Actually, LR Timelapse does the post processing of any number of images, and allows for Lightroom. which has the new masking tool to take advantage of being able to open up the foregrounds. This Forum exchange may be just the thing that tips me over to buy the M3. That's why I am pestering you so much about it.

Dale

Actually, LR Timelapse does the post processing of any number of images, and allows for Lightroom. which has the new masking tool to take advantage of being able to open up the foregrounds. This Forum exchange may be just the thing that tips me over to buy the M3. That's why I am pestering you so much about it.

Dale
No problem at all. I am a fan of LR Timelaps as well but the price is so high. I may give the shot and buy it since I like to do a lot of Timelaps. I used to have a free version but was old and does not have the new LR masking integration that looks super cool.

No, that is not correct. Gunther Wegner (inventor of LRTimelapse) has included the new version of Adobe Lightroom, including the masking tool that was introduced in January 2022. I use it all the time and love it. I am on version 5.8. The new version (6.0) is far beyond what I need and there is an added fee but I have the paid version all the way to 5.8. My private license include 6.0 and you can no longer buy 5.8 but you can buy 6.0 for $110.00.39.

Since it is equally used in my style of photography it is a bargain for me. www.LRTimelapse.com

Dale
Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 2.28.33 PM.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser