DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

9/11

dirkclod

Reactions
Should have put this in off topic but being this is a world wide forum and this affected everyone everywhere I’m putting it here.
Take a moment guys ?

Take a moment guys ?
Today’s college freshmen were mostly born after 9/11. We recently dropped our youngest son off at an out-of-state university.

Last year, when I realized he knew little about that fateful day, we flew to New York and took him to the memorial and museum. Our son cried when we entered the room, playing images similar to Alan Jackson’s video, as survivors spoke of missing their loved ones. He cried...I knew he then understood the enormity of what took place.

Thanks for never forgetting, DC, for I certainly never will.

@dirkclod the images that day will live with me and those that saw them forever,i cant even think what those people in the towers were going through ,before, during and after the collapse ,and of course all those who gave their lives trying to rescue them

Thank you posting.

We had a family friend that lived in the city near a firehouse and knew the guys.

He went there without hesitation and told them he had served as a medic in the military and can work under crisis.

He passed away years later to cancer and received a firefighters funeral for his help during that time.

Thanks again for posting dirkclod.

Last edited:
Should have put this in off topic but being this is a world wide forum and this affected everyone everywhere I’m putting it here.
Take a moment guys ?
I watched the entire video. Well done and worth watching. Hard to believe it has been 19 years. One day, when New York has its act back together I'll visit the memorial.

I remember trying to get ahold of my insurance company that day. I tried and tried and tried, but could never get through. Finally, when I did contact them, I attempted to chastise them for poor communications abilities. The lady on the phone immediately told me to turn on the TV to any channel. All I could do once the TV was on was sit and stare and point to the TV. My wife came over thinking I was ill. We both watched as the second plane hit the tower. Neither of us could utter a word for the next 10 minutes.

May all those souls involved in those horrific events and the aftermath be forever blessed!

NEVER FORGET

I remember trying to get ahold of my insurance company that day. I tried and tried and tried, but could never get through. Finally, when I did contact them, I attempted to chastise them for poor communications abilities. The lady on the phone immediately told me to turn on the TV to any channel. All I could do once the TV was on was sit and stare and point to the TV. My wife came over thinking I was ill. We both watched as the second plane hit the tower. Neither of us could utter a word for the next 10 minutes.

May all those souls involved in those horrific events and the aftermath be forever blessed!

NEVER FORGET
I want to thank Dirkclod (moderator) for allowing this thread into our forum. Obviously it has nothing to do with drones but the topic is one of which we should take a moment to remember and to live our lives to try to prevent a recurrence of this tragedy. Our forum is a world wide endeavor and the world came together that day to support us and mourn for us.

I do it every year Dale just because.
The whole world was involved as there were souls killed from all over.
It did not discriminate at all. If we all could be united now like we were
on 9/12 it would be great .

If we all could be united now like we were
on 9/12
it would be great .

I agree.

I remember seeing plenty of these flying soon after that fateful day.

Reactions: dirkclod
I was a Long Island resident at that time and working construction at a local hospital renovating one of the wings there ...as soon as we heard about a plane hitting the WTC we went up on the roof of the hospital to see the smoke pouring into the sky . The weather was beautiful that day , so crisp and clear out ! As I watched I saw the smoke turn from white to black as the towers fell !! as part of the emergency procedures of the hospital we all had to go home where I watched the tv in horror... I knew a few NYC firefighters who lost their buddies that day and a few of the guys I knew are gone now ... i also had a good friend, a construction worker that was working down there that day who ran to help and he told me first hand of the horrors... he was never the same after that and has also passed...
I have flown the flag on my house every day since that fateful day . It brought America together for a while but unfortunately it didn’t stick !
Wish we all could just remember and come together as a nation again !! GBA

I was a Long Island resident at that time and working construction at a local hospital renovating one of the wings there ...as soon as we heard about a plane hitting the WTC we went up on the roof of the hospital to see the smoke pouring into the sky . The weather was beautiful that day , so crisp and clear out ! As I watched I saw the smoke turn from white to black as the towers fell !! as part of the emergency procedures of the hospital we all had to go home where I watched the tv in horror... I knew a few NYC firefighters who lost their buddies that day and a few of the guys I knew are gone now ... i also had a good friend, a construction worker that was working down there that day who ran to help and he told me first hand of the horrors... he was never the same after that and has also passed...
I have flown the flag on my house every day since that fateful day . It brought America together for a while but unfortunately it didn’t stick !
Wish we all could just remember and come together as a nation again !! GBA
It is really chilling to hear this story from an actual observer. I thank you for this contribution. Like most Americans I recall where I was that moment. I was visiting my daughter and family in L.A. ( I am from Miami- a 3 hour time differential). I spoke to my wife in Miami and she had not yet turned on the TV. I told her to turn on the TV. We spent the rest of the day watching it, separated by a continent's width.

Take a moment guys [emoji120]

?

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots