DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

9'7 iPad bracket for Mavic 2 controller

Dur8an Poison

Reactions
Hi all.
I've been searching through IPad Bracket posts and see a lot of good suggestions for brands of brackets etc. Unfortunately I live in South Africa and not all of these (such as Mavmount) are easily available from what I've found so far. Maybe i just haven't found the right stores or online sites for South Africa??

My question is they seem to be split into two types... the back mounted one behind the Controller Screen and the front mounted that blocks the screen.
Are there any pro's to this one type over the other or is it just coming down to personal preference and balance. See lots of pilots mentioning lanyards.... but is that a necessity or just a nice to have?
See attached example pics of what I call back mount and front mounted brackets that i copied off another thread.

iPad is ordered now so i need to get the bracket mount sorted?

Appreciate any wisdom from your experience.
thanks
Al

Attachments

• Mount-Anbee-FStop-Labs.jpg
    Mount-Anbee-FStop-Labs.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Mount-Hooshion-SKYREAT-Extended.jpg
    Mount-Hooshion-SKYREAT-Extended.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 29
Here’s my version. This one will work for the mp1, mp2 and the Mavic Air.
The only thing on the controller screen that you may need to check is the battery strength for the controller itself. All other info you need will be visible on the iPad. Personal preference is all you are dealing with.
The plastic spring loaded holder will work on the the two larger size iPads, and are pretty common. The swivel ball mount allows for a lot of adjustments.2D38E6ED-4631-4997-B643-1AEEB25B47B6.jpeg

This is probably an additional topic to this situation...
What is a good case for the iPad to be also used in conjunction with whichever Bracket?

The case I use is not conducive with my bracket (PGYTech). I would like to leave the case on when flying??? The bracket causes the case to pop out of the bracket. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Dur8an Poison
This is probably an additional topic to this situation...
What is a good case for the iPad to be also used in conjunction with whichever Bracket?

The case I use is not conducive with my bracket (PGYTech). I would like to leave the case on when flying??? The bracket causes the case to pop out of the bracket. Any suggestions?

I am looking to try find a case that can fit a bracket so that’s a pertinent question

Reactions: kupua
I will put in another plug for the PolarPro Flight Deck. I have had multiple MavMounts as well as a LifThor and IMHO, the PP Flight Deck beats them hands down.

I will put in another plug for the PolarPro Flight Deck. I have had multiple MavMounts as well as a LifThor and IMHO, the PP Flight Deck beats them hands down.

See the OP’s title... think they are looking for an iPad bracket. PP deck is for a monitor mount

The polar pro looks wicked but yes I am looking for an iPad one. Wide price range of brackets available and not sure if some are not an over spend. Any advice appreciated don’t want to have one that is a fiddle as much more important things to concentrate on while flying.

Reactions: kupua
think they are looking for an iPad bracket.

My mistake but FWIW, the PP tablet bracket is also the best one I've seen but I don't know if they sell it separately. I bet I have a half dozen tablet brackets with quarter twenty females. <grin>

Ok ok further investigation (thanks guys I didn’t even know about the PP one) I see on reviews it handles iPad and CrystalSky. Can’t find a distributor in South Africa here and wondering if slightly cheaper models to start with or are those ultimately not great?

d559ffaf61c798a246f1c4bebf9ed6e0.jpg
91cf340eb2aa6d0acc1bea3fc1885c94.jpg

This is the one I like . One side holds a phone and the other side of the clamp is for iPads . The jaws are wide so it don’t fall out from my iPad cover

Thank you for the recommendations, Ill look for the CrystalSky options here as well. Great to get recomendations for ipad holders from actual pilots who have used them. Much better than just a salesman in store or looking online. thank you all.

My mistake but FWIW, the PP tablet bracket is also the best one I've seen but I don't know if they sell it separately. I bet I have a half dozen tablet brackets with quarter twenty females. <grin>
Hi kilomikebravo if you can will you do a bit of a experiment with the pp tablet bracket with the monitor and see if when you attach a lanyard if it tips up this is quite important to me cause I only have my left arm so need it to hold level when using tablet. thanks for any help

Zappy: I'm not entirely sure I know what you are asking but if it is whether the combination of the RC, mount, and tablet hang down vertically if you let go, the answer is yes. The whole rig just hangs by gravity. If that was NOT your question, slap me up side the head and "talk louder." <smile>

Zappy: I'm not entirely sure I know what you are asking but if it is whether the combination of the RC, mount, and tablet hang down vertically if you let go, the answer is yes. The whole rig just hangs by gravity. If that was NOT your question, slap me up side the head and "talk louder." <smile>
Thanks for the help kilomikebravo yes that more or less what I mean but can you take your hands off the RC and still able to say you were setting way points on the monitor is it going to tip up thanks again for all your help

I fly with lanyard which you can also get from thorsdroneworld, no problem with balance or weight that I noticed

Zappy: Sorry to say for your particular situation..no, you cannot access the tablet's screen if you take your hand off the rc with the tablet mount set up normally. However, you might be able to orient the tilt of the tablet itself so that when it is dangling, the display can be accessed. Beyond that eye deer, you might want to investigate fabricating something that you can wear around your waist that is held in place with a harness that is properly tethered to it and that will hold the whole rig stationary in front of you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S