DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Bit Confused

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I am certain that this question has arisen before, but probably WAY before I purchased my Mavic mini 2 which I received several days ago. I am trying now to learn it, and it's actually quite easy compared to my Mavic 2 Pro.

But I am thrown for a loop regarding the acquiring of the images I get in the quick shots. I am now realizing that they are not really on the SD card! The images on the SD card are the actual individual files only (JPG's and not RAW). Would love if they were RAW.

So I have spent this morning shooting the various quick shots such as dronie, rocket, etc. Then, I started trying panoramas at wide angle, 180 degrees and global. After NOT finding them on the SD card (only the JPGs, not synthesized into an image), I discovered they are just like with my OSMO 4 gimbal- e.g.: I have to Air Drop them to my iMAC from my phone screen. The images appear on my iPhone 11 Pro Max, and I have to touch the three dots to bring up the Air Drop icon. Once on the iMAC I can process them.

Do I have this right? Is there something I am missing? Does the Mini 2 synthesize the image in the drone and place it on the SD card? I think not, but I'd be thrilled for somebody out there to tell me I am wrong. Continental Park-pano.jpgCoral Gables-wide angle-mini2.jpg

Things like panoramas go in a different folder outside of the normal image folder.

You can air drop (quick download them) to your phone by using the fly app and hitting download.

Easiest thing to do is put the sd card in a reader in your laptop

Things like panoramas go in a different folder outside of the normal image folder.

You can air drop (quick download them) to your phone by using the fly app and hitting download.

Easiest thing to do is put the sd card in a reader in your laptop
Yes- that is exactly where I would have expected the folder to be but when I put the SD car into my computer, I did not the assembled and synthesized image, as I always do with my Mavic 2 Pro. I saw on my screen that after 100% of the images were taken a message says stitching, but I did not find that image on my SD card. Still very confused. I salvaged the study by uploading with Air Drop. I did not try the upload button that I saw, which I guess should be my next move? Still need input from you guys out there.

Within the fly app, go into your album. Check the box by "sphere" and upload to Skypixel. At this point make sure you check the box that allows you to share with others. The file will upload to skypixel and stitch the globe together. Within skypixel you will be able to open the file to a see the 360. There is a option to get a shareable link to pass on. The downside, is the sphere is only available within Skypixel.

I think I'm confirming what you already know. I just shot one each of the three types of panos. In each case when I clicked on the create icon it downloaded all the images to my iPhone DJI Fly App then created the panos.

The 180 pano and the other "flat pano" appear to be stored both in the DJI Fly App and in "Photos"on my iPhone. The spherical pano seems to only be stored in the DJI Fly App unless you share it with another computer or another application that displays spherical photos.

In all cases, the only photos stored on the SD card was the original jpeg photos used to create the panos but not the panos themselves.

I think I'm confirming what you already know. I just shot one each of the three types of panos. In each case when I clicked on the create icon it downloaded all the images to my iPhone DJI Fly App then created the panos.

The 180 pano and the other "flat pano" appear to be stored both in the DJI Fly App and in "Photos"on my iPhone. The spherical pano seems to only be stored in the DJI Fly App unless you share it with another computer or another application that displays spherical photos.

In all cases, the only photos stored on the SD card was the original jpeg photos used to create the panos but not the panos themselves.
So I believe we agree! Unlike my Mavic 2 Pro, which actually stitches the panos and appears in the folder on the SD card, these only are on the app in the phone. So in order to actually "get" the actual image onto the computer, I need to Air Drop it. If I had a pc I wouldn't know how to transfer the panorama to a PC. The Sd card only has JPGs.

And I have learned from these posts that in order to actually see the GLOBE, you need to upload it to a website that will convert it for you like Skypixel. That will be my next project!

I don't know about the mini 2 but my air 2 stitches them and sends them to the SD card. I can also make it send all of the raw photos to the panorama folder on my sd card. Maybe there is some setting that you can change? Sorry I can't be much help.

I don't know about the mini 2 but my air 2 stitches them and sends them to the SD card. I can also make it send all of the raw photos to the panorama folder on my sd card. Maybe there is some setting that you can change? Sorry I can't be much help.
Yes- I am familiar with that since my Mavic 2 Pro does all of the same- e.g.: save RAW files, produces a completed stitched version of the panos, etc. But I am asking you all out there if the Mini 2 does it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ