DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A case of low light color grading, music fitting or not, editing in general, and length...

MKurr

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Any ideas on how I could have made it better?
Specifically color grading, music, editing in general, and.... ...whatever else...

Specifically color grading, music, editing in general, and.... ...whatever else...

On my modest opinion your main concern about this video mustn´t be the music as colors are oversaturated, images are blurry & too dark , there are jerky movements on them, ....

I think you cannot fix so blurry images except if you try downscaling them to 1080p, or shoot them again

For jerky movements, try with stabilization on edit

For noise on images, temporal noise reduction

I hope this help you

Reactions: dozzn
Coming from Australia I’m unsure if the trees are actually that red, but there appeared to be colour over saturation in general. The music to me was dreadful. Sorry no offence, however there are far more appropriate / uplifting / moody tracks that would enhance your video so much more. Good luck with your next.

Reactions: dozzn
I looked this film on other difference post. The trees are vivid red but even when I cranked the resolution up to 2160 on the You Tube "cog" I could not seem to get any definition or sharpness to the leaves. Did you focus and sharpen it in software enough? Everything looked a bit blurry to me, and a bit underexposed and dark.

I routinely oversaturate my videos because that is the look that I love. Unfortunately, the saturation here is a bit strong, even for me. I never want to lose sharpness and definition, and I fear that some may have been lost here. I would have chosen symphony music, but that is just me. I didn't really understand the close-ups of the pavement and the car wheel, and found them a bit distracting. Lastly, I think a better choice of ND filter might have helped with the lighting issues.

I'm sorry for being so critical but I believe this will help you.

Reactions: MKurr
Most of the things I would mention are written down already. But I think the blurry trees are a result of too much noise reduction. Or maybe the wrong technique of reducing the noise.
In the third scene the trees are sharper than in scene 1 or 4. I suppose in that scene the overall picture was brighter because of the smaller distance and had less noise than scene 1 or 4. So less noise reduction was neccesary and the trees still look like trees.

Try playing around with you postproduction software to get better results.

Start here, note a issue on the Mavic Pro settings from prior DJI aircraft:

• Video Size – 4K, 30fps
  • Format – .MP4
  • Video System Standard – NTSC
  • White Balance – Manual
  • Style – Custom, +1, -1, -1
  • Color – D-Log

These settings result in a super flat image profile perfect for color correction and grading during the post production workflow. Details in shadows and highlights are maintained, and the higher bitrate of 4K video allows for more editing without diminishing quality.

An important setting to touch on is the Style setting. When shooting with a sharpness of 0 in high-contrast environments, the Mavic Pro is actually applying in-camera noise reduction, resulting in very soft images. This softness is particularly noticeable in shadows. To fix this problem, shooting with a sharpness of +1 in high contrast environments. Setting the sharpness to +1 turns off the in-camera noise-reduction, resulting in much sharper images better for post-production.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929