DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A cloudy day when the clouds are low, do not fly into the clouds note to self.almost had a fly away ?

set T mode switch position into the ATTI - it helps to overcome most of issues very fast, as it disables almost entire intelligence of this device - only horizontal stabilization from the gyro will be left active.
Good tip for everyone, ATTI mode rocks for various reasons. I chose to replace S mode with ATTI, since I never use S mode, to maximize flight duration. I use T mode all the time, I can't do without that.

Good tip for everyone, ATTI mode rocks for various reasons. I chose to replace S mode with ATTI, since I never use S mode, to maximize flight duration. I use T mode all the time, I can't do without that.
if you really need all side sensors active in T mode - then, sure, it is better. i prefer to keep S mode tuned up to max speed in combination with de-tuned P mode to act almost as T mode, with ATTI settling in-between, as ATTI ignores attitude override in EXP and other settings that tone down P mode. other way for me would be to tune-up T mode responsiveness, as default T is just too slow, to my taste. but, either way ATTI is better to be set on some mode to act quickly on any symptoms of drone misbehaving - sometimes even a quick switch to ATTI and back to P fixes issues.

I'm a little surprised that no one happen to mention the fact that it is illegal to fly through clouds at any altitude for good reasons. Traffic, medi-vac and corporate helicopters constantly fly at lower altitudes. Not trying to be all righteous, but it really can be dangerous to lose VLOS while in or above a cloud.

set T mode switch position into the ATTI - it helps to overcome most of issues very fast, as it disables almost entire intelligence of this device - only horizontal stabilization from the gyro will be left active.
Apologies in advance for naivete. The three switch-controlled mode options are T, P, S. So how do you quickly get in ATTI?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98