DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Container Ship in Savannah River!

Syphon

Reactions
While filming in Savannah GA this past weekend, I saw a huge container ship coming in! This was my first big ship I got to film. Got as much footage as I could with my battery at 75%. Here is some of my footage.

Any advice on best way to film ships? This was pretty exciting and I want to film more ships like this one.

Nice video. My sister-in-law retired from the Georgia Ports Authority. She unloaded many of those ships!
Oh very cool. We were up for the Eclipse and stayed in Savannah and drove to Charleston the morning of. I wish I had a little more time because there was A LOT of ships going in an out.

Unfortunately, not long after I got these shots, the Mavic started acting up, doing the thing where it slowly spins, kept disconnecting from the controller, and all kinds of other weird issues, so I brought it in and grounded it for the rest of the trip. Going to take it up in a field around here to troubleshoot the issues. I installed the latest firmware right before the trip..should have known better LOL

Oh very cool. We were up for the Eclipse and stayed in Savannah and drove to Charleston the morning of. I wish I had a little more time because there was A LOT of ships going in an out.

Unfortunately, not long after I got these shots, the Mavic started acting up, doing the thing where it slowly spins, kept disconnecting from the controller, and all kinds of other weird issues, so I brought it in and grounded it for the rest of the trip. Going to take it up in a field around here to troubleshoot the issues. I installed the latest firmware right before the trip..should have known better LOL
hope your MP is a healthy bird. I guess it's a bummer when things don't go right.

I did the exact same thing last year in the same place in Savannah. Setup and flew from the Convention Center. It was pretty cool and a lot of fun.
We are going again in October, staying at the Westin. Provided the weather is good, I hope to film more ships.

I did the exact same thing last year in the same place in Savannah. Setup and flew from the Convention Center. It was pretty cool and a lot of fun.
We are going again in October, staying at the Westin. Provided the weather is good, I hope to film more ships.
That's awesome! Isn't the Westin like right on the water? I wish the drone didn't act up. I watched about 5 more ships go through, but grounded the aircraft because of the issues it was having. Didn't need it to crash onto a container ship and go back to China lol.

That's awesome! Isn't the Westin like right on the water? I wish the drone didn't act up. I watched about 5 more ships go through, but grounded the aircraft because of the issues it was having. Didn't need it to crash onto a container ship and go back to China lol.

Westin is right on water.
Look me up when you come back,I live in Savannah and work at ports.
Lots of cool stuff.
Love to compare notes.

Oh cool. Yeah I’ll hit you up! We plan n going back when it’s a little cooler.

Worst thing you can do before a trip is download the latest firmware. [emoji2]
I've stopped updating even the DJI GO app.

While filming in Savannah GA this past weekend, I saw a huge container ship coming in! This was my first big ship I got to film. Got as much footage as I could with my battery at 75%. Here is some of my footage.

Any advice on best way to film ships? This was pretty exciting and I want to film more ships like this one.

Nice video. My mavic doesn't look that clear sadly

I’m just throwing this out, but when I saw your nice video reveal the ships radars spinning, I immediately freaked for you! Hopefully all is good w/your bird. (I saw a rookie take his P4P on its maiden voyage off a cruise ship. He quickly lost it, forever! Can’t fly by radar! What a dummy). So maybe that’s what was causing problems for you?
Good luck...nice colors...,ships are so massive!

Any chance you had the camera settings written down? The video looks crisp and the colors look great. I'd love to know how you had it set up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121