DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A couple of questions about Litchi missions

• Thread starter Deleted member 24841
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24841

Hi all, I'm just about to purchase Litchi mainly for the Waypoint option, but is switching to S mode the only way to end a mission early ? it' seems a bit of a 'quick fix' rather than a controlled ending, I'd expect an 'end mission' command. Also, if during a 'mission' the battery is low earlier than expected, perhaps due to strong winds, will it decide for itself to end the mission and return to home? Cheers for any help

Ghog, The purpose in the S mode shutoff for Litchi is in the event you need to stop the mission suddenly due to some unforeseen event, or possibly you simply decided to stop it, otherwise your expectation after creating and editing the mission the way you want it too run, the mission will go as you planned. at the end of the mission when it hits the last waypoint, you will again have control of the aircraft; this is what I have learned using Litchi on many missions anyway. I have used the S button on a couple occasions when either by my oversight or an event during flight I needed to stop the A/C in midair - it worked!

As far as the battery, the low battery and critical low parameters you put into DJI Go4 will hold with Litchi during a mission.

Reactions: deerock7
Ghog, The purpose in the S mode shutoff for Litchi is in the event you need to stop the mission suddenly due to some unforeseen event, or possibly you simply decided to stop it, otherwise your expectation after creating and editing the mission the way you want it too run, the mission will go as you planned. at the end of the mission when it hits the last waypoint, you will again have control of the aircraft; this is what I have learned using Litchi on many missions anyway. I have used the S button on a couple occasions when either by my oversight or an event during flight I needed to stop the A/C in midair - it worked!

As far as the battery, the low battery and critical low parameters you put into DJI Go4 will hold with Litchi during a mission.

Many thanks SGM! that all makes sense. A second opinion and a bit of reassurance goes a long way!

You can pause a Litchi mission on screen too, & pushing the pause again the mission will begin where you left off.

Reactions: SGM
Great point royster! Thanks for pointing that out.

Ghog, Litchi really does a complete job in mission mode from the planning to mission completion if your still on the fence.
Others may disagree but I would not use anything else.

Just to leave this thread tidy, many thanks all of you for persuading me to go for Litchi, I've been using it for the last few days and I think it's great, programming the flights before actually getting there is giving me the smoothest videos ever.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61