DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A fall day in New Jersey

Nice season to be filming, incredible colours.
Ok, for me playback was a little stuttery, not sure if my equipment, or if it's something to do with more motion blur needed.
Of course filming close and directly flying across your subject can also make things more stuttered.

Are you using a filter at all ? Like an ND ?
If so do you know what shutter speed was generally applied as filming scenes ?

My early videos alos had a lot of this, then filters were purchased and they are a lot better new (along with more careful flying and control movements).

My Niece lives in Margate City, she's my 'strobe distributor' there now :D

Reactions: Billybanana75
Nice season to be filming, incredible colours.
Ok, for me playback was a little stuttery, not sure if my equipment, or if it's something to do with more motion blur needed.
Of course filming close and directly flying across your subject can also make things more stuttered.

Are you using a filter at all ? Like an ND ?
If so do you know what shutter speed was generally applied as filming scenes ?

My early videos alos had a lot of this, then filters were purchased and they are a lot better new (along with more careful flying and control movements).

My Niece lives in Margate City, she's my 'strobe distributor' there now :D
no filter, I am not sure of what the shutter speed was :( I used filters before but with the low sun light I thought they were not a good idea. I was curious of why my video had that look. I will look into motion blur, is that something in post edit or on my camera settings?
thank you

Cool colors!
I really liked the shot passing beneath the bridge. Did you shoot directly or back through and reverse in edit?
BTW... no stutter here.

I'm not sure what the better editing programmes have for this, but motion blur to desirable level is generally done at the camera, and if you're using the M1P about the only way to do that reasonably is with ND filters.
You can tweak up shutter speed by setting ISO a bit higher, but ISO set to 100 to maybe 200 is ideal to stick with.
The idea is to get shutter speed roughly double frame rate, if shooting 24 fps, then try to get shutter to 1/50, if shooting 30fps, 1/60 shutter.

Usually in low light an ND4 will do the job, it's just a matter of using them, checking shutter speed on the settings up top of Go4, and mentally note how different filters change this in different light.
After a while you can generally get pretty close to right filter without too much mucking around.
You can start just holding them up in turn in front of the camera and looking at shutter speed is a good way to get a feel for what works best in various light conditions.

I tried 1440 and 2160 playback, as well as the auto 1080 setting on youtube, and the higher res playbacks were worse for me, so could be just my old laptop video card etc causing the stutter.
It just does look very much like my pre filter videos.

Reactions: Billybanana75
Cool colors!
I really liked the shot passing beneath the bridge. Did you shoot directly or back through and reverse in edit?
BTW... no stutter here.
thanks, I flew backwards, I do not know how to reverse in edit yet :D

Good one. Got a little dizzy seeing you on the tracks. But enjoyed your camera work ...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair