DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s A few moments over Newport, Oregon's Yaquina Bay.

DaveR1977

Reactions
Quoting the American Photographer, Joel Meyerowitz; "I've been to the Bay a thousand times, but it only looked like this once!". Enjoy a few moments of "Calm Waters" in Newport, Oregon's, Yaquina Bay. Filmed with the DJI Mavic Air2s, this footage emphasizes the dynamic range of 4K D-log footage captured by its 1-inch sensor. The fishing Fleet in Newport's Bayfront shines in this brief Aerial Drone Flight over the Bay.

Seems rare to me seeing the water so calm although my usual visits to that area are always in the winter.

Reactions: DaveR1977
Seems rare to me seeing the water so calm although my usual visits to that area are always in the winter.
Having grown up in Southern California, other than the occasional Santana winds, I never gave much thought to "Wind". Now that I live on the Oregon Coast, I feel like I'm part meteorologist, part photographer. I love seeing the patterns the winds make on the Bay waters. Cheers!

Quoting the American Photographer, Joel Meyerowitz; "I've been to the Bay a thousand times, but it only looked like this once!". Enjoy a few moments of "Calm Waters" in Newport, Oregon's, Yaquina Bay. Filmed with the DJI Mavic Air2s, this footage emphasizes the dynamic range of 4K D-log footage captured by its 1-inch sensor. The fishing Fleet in Newport's Bayfront shines in this brief Aerial Drone Flight over the Bay.
Newport is one of my favorite places to visit. GREAT shots you got there. Any special requirements to fly in/around the Bay? I'm super paranoid about where I fly so I always ask and/or try to find info before I go. I usually camp at the RV campground on the other side of the bay. I can't wait to take both my drones to the coast to shoot some coastal vids. I'm in the Beaverton/Hillsboro area and will be getting to the coast when (IF?) the weather gets much better.

Newport is one of my favorite places to visit. GREAT shots you got there. Any special requirements to fly in/around the Bay? I'm super paranoid about where I fly so I always ask and/or try to find info before I go. I usually camp at the RV campground on the other side of the bay. I can't wait to take both my drones to the coast to shoot some coastal vids. I'm in the Beaverton/Hillsboro area and will be getting to the coast when (IF?) the weather gets much better.

I was in Lincoln City last week on Wednesday and it was just about a perfect day at the beach. I didn't bring my drone, however.... Hopefully the weather will improve soon - it is April after all!

Thanks for the comments. Check with AIrMap for the exact boundaries, but Newport IS class "E" airspace. That campground may be just inside the No-Fly zone. However, there are many places to launch around the Bay with LAANC instant authorization available to 100' in most areas. Happy flying. If you need a V.O., feel free to PM me.

Reactions: BrianA
I was in Lincoln City last week on Wednesday and it was just about a perfect day at the beach. I didn't bring my drone, however.... Hopefully the weather will improve soon - it is April after all!
The footage was shot last Wednesday evening.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7