DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A few Questions on the m3p

Rchawks

Reactions
First off I'd like to say that the way this drone handles and the feel after being dialed it truly amazing!! My other drone is a MA2 which I'm very fond of, but the feel of each drone is diff, I like that. I'll use each for different purposes.
My first question is about the prop storage. I bring this up because my first drone a MM, after a solid yr of use it developed a problem with prop warping from storing and I tried each and every time to carefully store away with the props at a 90 deg angle. It was fine after changing the props, but the error message pointed this out for me. Even from the first use of the M3P this caused concern but all pics are show interlocking of the props when stowing away. Is it fine because of the change on the arm angle? Time will tell I guess.
My next question concerns leaving a new, never charged plus battery in hibernation mode. How long will it safely store in that state. I thought I'd leave it for backup down the road, since I have 2 drones and 6 batteries.
Also I have ZERO problems with range and connection and the map function has cleared itself of being slightly blurry at the beginning of use for some reason.

Last edited:
Note that when you install the latest firmware in the drone you need to update the firmware in each battery individually. They need to be charged to do that.

So far what I'm doing is charging batteries after use, during which I'll typically end a flight below 30% but not lower than 18%, and if the battery is not used for a week or more, charging before use. Basically just letting their internal management do it's thing.

Reactions: Rchawks
@Rchawks i keep my drone in the Fly more case i put it in nose down with the top of the drone facing inwards it slips in easily ,and does not put any strain on the props,because the props are facing downwards ,then when the drone is being removed from the case, there is no chance of them getting snagged, if they have moved during transport, the bottom ones are restricted from moving to much sideways by the landing tabs, on the bottom of the drone, and the top ones stay in place, if you just overlap them slightly while being put into the case personally i would have all your batteries in use ,as has already been mentioned,i have 4 batteries and will fly them down to between 30 to 40% before landing ,and then even if i dont get to fly for a while ,i know that they are at a safe cell voltage level for storage ,i then only charge them the evening before i intend to fly next day i find that 4 batteries ,which i have for each of my drones ,is a nice manageable number, both for storage and flying time ,with the MM and MPP that gives me a good hour of flight time ,and with the Mini 3 i average 20 mins per battery

This sounds like a stupid question: how do you update the batteries? (I get the reason why that is done is because of the electronics on it)

Put each battery into the drone when downloading updates, after first update remove and replace battery with another and recheck for updates . Do this with every battery and if an update is available they will all get it, cheers Len

Put each battery into the drone when downloading updates, after first update remove and replace battery with another and recheck for updates . Do this with every battery and if an update is available they will all get it, cheers Len
Thanks...just did it for my 4 batteries

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty