DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A few questions

Eagle430

Reactions
Hi all new Mavic 2 pro owner , so far enjoying my drone I have some questions if the more experienced users can help me

1. When the drone takes off I see a countdown timer on the top with something like a bar, it's counting down from 25 minutes , I tried to press Pause but it didnot stop it. Any idea what it is and how to turn it off?

2. Is there any button that I can press and the camera can become level? At 0 position? I use the left trim button on the controller to lower/ move it upwards but couldn't find a button to level it with out for example going all the way from downwards -upwards?

3. The record button on the left for recording videos works fine, when I press it it starts recording video, when I press the right button for taking photos nothing happens. I have to use the app to take a photo. Is this normal?

Reactions: Droniac
1. That is the computed battery time left in the drone battery. It is constantly updated based on current power use.

2. don’t think so... I haven’t found one in 2+ years.

3. You can’t take a photo when in video mode. Not sure of the absolute answer is to your question since I fly mostly with my CS over the last year and usually capture video... grab a frame for stills.

Have you checked the full online only DJI manual for your drone?
FWIW here’s the page from the manual with all the buttons labeled:
4F1EA4D0-C5AF-48BE-8682-5628ED0C5610.png

1) is EXTREMELY useful

If I understand qu 2) correctly, try the customization menus for C1 & C2. I have C1 set to flip the camera between vertically down and horizontal. It has the hidden benefit that it also 'recentres' the camera if you have 'yawed' it. The 5d button might offer similar features but I never remember to even look at that button.

#1 you do not want to turn this off. Read the manual, you need this progress bar.

#3 if you are in video recording mode, the still photo button will not take a photo, or at least right away. What it will do is switch to the photo mode, then you are ready to take stills.

To be sure that your photo button is or isn't working right, be sure you are in photo mode first. You can switch modes in the app. (The app controls are NOT covered well in the manual, but there is this DJI Go 4 Guide up on the DJI site for this.)

Also, if you are in an auto focus mode, it will probably focus first, especially with a half-press of the button. If you are not waiting for that to get finished and remove your finger before focusing is done, then it will not take a picture. Read the manual about how the camera works.

You can change the way it focuses. Again, all of this information is in the manual.

Chris

I can confirm the Customizable buttons to do the task you want to bring camera either straight down, then next push is straight forward , I have all my DJI's set to do that. :)

As far as Video, it is true you can't just"Grab" a camera shot in the middle of video. But as mentioned you can easily transition back and forth with the buttons. Personally I would just frame grab from the video if I need a still shot.;)

And I concur with others, the status battery bar is a invaluable tool and "needs" to just do what it does...it isn't perfect but can seriously save the aircraft when it is constantly monitored.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000