DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A few silly questions about Smart Controller.....

98 SNAKE EATER

Reactions
Just sold my old MP1 and currently looking for a replacement

Considering a Mavic Air 2 or Mavic Zoom, but have a few questions about the Smart Controller that I'm sure have been covered here, but I'm kinda having trouble confirming in the search.

1) Is the Mavic Air 2 compatible with the Smart Controller?
From what I've read, it isn't yet, but apparently will be.....

2) If I get a Smart Controller, will I still be able to connect my iPad to it for a larger auxiliary view?
I see it has a USB port, but have yet to see anyone piggyback an iPad to it in the reviews

3) If I use the screen record mode on the Smart Controller (so I can save the flight mode overlay), will the actualy streamed picture still be smooth or choppy?
Reason I ask this is because when I first got my MP1, it worked flawlessly with my iPad and would stream and record smoothly when using Apple's screen recorder so I could overlay the flight modes like this:

However, after doing a silly DJI update, all of that went out the window and now when I try to use screen record, the streamed footage to my iPad would be laggy and useless :mad:

Of course, Apple blamed DJI for the goof and DJI blamed Apple for not keeping up with technology and I blamed myself for allowing a stupid update in the first place ?

Its got HDMI out on so you can plug in whatever you want if it uses that global standard.

Just sold my old MP1 and currently looking for a replacement

Considering a Mavic Air 2 or Mavic Zoom, but have a few questions about the Smart Controller that I'm sure have been covered here, but I'm kinda having trouble confirming in the search.

1) Is the Mavic Air 2 compatible with the Smart Controller?
From what I've read, it isn't yet, but apparently will be.....

2) If I get a Smart Controller, will I still be able to connect my iPad to it for a larger auxiliary view?
I see it has a USB port, but have yet to see anyone piggyback an iPad to it in the reviews

3) If I use the screen record mode on the Smart Controller (so I can save the flight mode overlay), will the actualy streamed picture still be smooth or choppy?
Reason I ask this is because when I first got my MP1, it worked flawlessly with my iPad and would stream and record smoothly when using Apple's screen recorder so I could overlay the flight modes like this:

However, after doing a silly DJI update, all of that went out the window and now when I try to use screen record, the streamed footage to my iPad would be laggy and useless :mad:

Of course, Apple blamed DJI for the goof and DJI blamed Apple for not keeping up with technology and I blamed myself for allowing a stupid update in the first place ?
1 yes 2 yes 3 yes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54