DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A firsttimer's crash

Reactions

Recently uploaded. Been waiting for my Mavic since the 2nd of October. All these vids with people crashing the drone on the first use... SMH.

Recently uploaded. Been waiting for my Mavic since the 2nd of October. All these vids with people crashing the drone on the first use... SMH.
Usual catalogue of errors there (although this does appear somewhat staged)......
Assuming this is to be taken on face value......
We have no idea what his pre flight checklist involved - I'm going to make a huge assumption here and say it consisted of just making sure his hair was out of his eyes. :rolleyes:
  • No to little experience and then taking off nose in
  • First flight in a public place where there are tables and chairs for the public to sit!!
  • Unknown magnetic environment surrounding the entire flight area
  • Light poles/obstacles dotted around
  • Tall(ish) buildings capable of obstructing GPS
  • Courtyard enclosure will cause unpredictable winds and unknown wind conditions aloft
I just do not understand why these newbies are flying for the first time in such rediculous places.
They have invested their own money in buying one of these aircraft, presumably waited a long time for delivery and the first thing they do is get it in the air as quickly as they can in a cramped environment with no experience of flying a multirotor.
A whole new level of idiocy........

Last edited:
He did state he was going to "blow". Yup. Nailed it.

As most of us sit, droneless, you have to wonder what dark forces are at work that sees the few that are out there land in the hands of buffoons. Funny, yes. Sickening, more so.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929