DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A former jewish sanatorium in Germany

Butterfly Copper

Reactions
This time I tried something rather unusual, a more documenting approach (but please bear in mind that I am still a beginner in both flying and video editing).

This video is about a former jewish sanatorium in Germany, now abandoned after a lot of history. This sanatorium is located in a quite wealthy spa town called Bad Homburg. Opened in the beginning of the 20th century by a doctor named Siegfried Goldschmidt it aimed especially at jewish clients (offering kosher diet, had its own synagogue etc). His successor was forced to emigrate in 1937 and the sanatorium was disseized by the government.

Then it was a school for the Reichsbahn (national railway) and after the war it was confiscated by the american troops. In the 50s the german government (again) used the building until 1998. Since then it is abandoned and in decay. It is under a preservation order since 2016, but the city and county government are still struggling years what do with this majestic villa and historic site.

I tried to contrast aerial views of the desolated garden and building with both historic and current stills of vandalism (the stills are not done by me) to create an atmosphere that is rather unusual for drone videos. I have to admit though that the music I chose is focused at a german speaking audience.

I would be really interested in your critique and comments.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair