DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A good argument for prop-guards - almost "crash proof"

TrayBoz

Reactions
If you're a new mavic owner, you really should consider this minimal investment to use until you get very comfortable with your piloting skills. OR if you really must fly indoors or around a lot of obstacles.

At the end of this video, you can see this guy intentionally running his mavic into the side of a building; forwards, sideways, backwards, etc. No crashes. I bought the prop guards off Amazon when I first got my mavic in January and used them (most of the time) for the first week or two, and I must admit, they saved me from a crash a time or two. You don't realize how INSTANTLY your mavic can flip/drop/crash/go-boom if one of your props even SLIGHTLY touches ANYTHING in flight. You won't believe it until it happens to you.

I only noticed a VERY slight loss of performance and flight time, due to the extra weight and reduced aerodynamics, but when you're learning - who cares. The only reason I don't use them much now is that they take about 5 mins to take on and off, and, obviously, you can't fold up the legs for storage when they are on. (and they take away from the mavic "cool-looks" - and we all know that if you're going to be actively involved in possibly one of the NERDIEST hobbies in the world, you should at least look cool while doing it. Sometimes I wear my Dungeons & Dragons T-shirt while flying, just to add to the bad-*ss factor)

I have the DJI Mavic Prop Guards, and have noticed no performance drop with those, so I put them on when in or over cities. I haven't intentionally tested them, but I would like to see a video of those being tested. Not to mention, the DJI one's are much easier to put on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore