DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

a HUGE SHOUTOUT to Thunder Drones!

remotepilot

Reactions
Wow! What a GREAT experience with Thunderdrones.org! Their customer service is Five Stars, calls answered right away is Five Stars, working out a fantastic deal is Five Stars and speed of delivery is Five Stars.

My M2Z UAV was stolen right out of a small tree when I was only 70 - 80 yards away. Never saw the culprit and searching the Flight Records and the cache on the iPad Mini shows exactly where it landed.

Thunder Drones totally rocks!

Kind Regards,

remotepilot

A tracker of some sort might have helped locate the position for up to a month depending on the brand used.

Do you have a suggestion? Eagerly listening!
There are many. I chose and own the Marco Polo, even at the cost, which is only about. 20% of the M2P drone price. I use it on that and my MOPI chose it because it gives you 30 days to find the drone before the signal module battery is used up and because the handheld end of the system keeps me going in the right direction and stops me if it’s like hung in a tree over my head. There are good landing gear/arm mounts for it. Major disadvantage is that it is not waterproof.... but over water I use a GetterBack.
There are others you should consider.

Reactions: CJH92474
@Thomas B Do you know of a product that has a light beacon and emits a *beep* and is small enough to attach to a UAV leg? I saw one awhile ago on a video, but now can't find the video. Any ideas? Lemme know!

Kind Regards,

remotepilot

@Thomas B Do you know of a product that has a light beacon and emits a *beep* and is small enough to attach to a UAV leg? I saw one awhile ago on a video, but now can't find the video. Any ideas? Lemme know!

Kind Regards,

remotepilot
Sorry, I don’t. One of the reasons I chose the Marco Polo at the time is localizing ability, and for 30 days.
Maybe someone else will chime in on this.

I dropped my Mavic pro in the desert last week and found it in about a half hour. I'm writing a long account of lessons learned but the short version is: a) call up the last flight log and write down the lat-long of the final point. b) convert this to UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator) that I use to navigate when in the field. c) locate the point on the UTM grid overlay Google Earth photo-maps. d) walk to that point using a hand-held GPS (Garmin 60CSx).

I saw the drone from the top of the volcano I was flying from, came carefully down (I'm old) to the desert floor where I could no longer see it. Walked until the east and north values matched and there it was, props wrecked but otherwise undamaged. The calculated numbers matched the GPS numbers within 1 meter, the GPS reporting a precision of 3 m. Had the position been off by 10 m, I still would have found it. It's the desert.

I dropped my Mavic pro in the desert last week and found it in about a half hour. I'm writing a long account of lessons learned but the short version is: a) call up the last flight log and write down the lat-long of the final point. b) convert this to UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator) that I use to navigate when in the field. c) locate the point on the UTM grid overlay Google Earth photo-maps. d) walk to that point using a hand-held GPS (Garmin 60CSx).

I saw the drone from the top of the volcano I was flying from, came carefully down (I'm old) to the desert floor where I could no longer see it. Walked until the east and north values matched and there it was, props wrecked but otherwise undamaged. The calculated numbers matched the GPS numbers within 1 meter, the GPS reporting a precision of 3 m. Had the position been off by 10 m, I still would have found it. It's the desert.

This works really well. But 2 things to remember.

1. If it disconnects but keeps flying, the distance between the last reported position and the drones position. How can this happen? Waypoint apps and flying out of range of the controller.

2. You can pinpoint the position of the drone down to the millimeter, but that sometimes doesnt help if its in a 150' tall tree. ;)

Wow! What a GREAT experience with Thunderdrones.org! Their customer service is Five Stars, calls answered right away is Five Stars, working out a fantastic deal is Five Stars and speed of delivery is Five Stars.

My M2Z UAV was stolen right out of a small tree when I was only 70 - 80 yards away. Never saw the culprit and searching the Flight Records and the cache on the iPad Mini shows exactly where it landed.

Thunder Drones totally rocks!

Kind Regards,

remotepilot
Had a Thunderdrones experience very much the same recently! Agree 100%

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member