DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Lifesaver Tip Perhaps?

Ursus Horribilis

Reactions
Hi Everyone;

I was thinking earlier today that with all the help I've had from some of the members here on this Forum, I'm happy to be able to give something back to this community. It's really not a big deal but I think it may have saved my Mavic Pro.

For those of you that use the iPad Mini to fly your Mavic Pro. One day about a month ago I noticed something strange going on. I didn't seem to have the same control over the Mavic that I usually do and it was flying faster than I had ever seen it fly before. A little later I noticed that the right arm of the controller was pushing up against the "Sport" button on the right side of the controller and that it had in fact activated the "Sport" Mode on my Mavic Pro. I quickly pushed the button back down where it belonged and had a quiet moment of relief thinking of all the things that could have gone wrong had I not noticed this.

So, when I got home, I took one of my larger needle files and went to work on the right side arm that holds the iPad Mini tablet in place.

Here's a photo of the small (hardly noticeable) notch I filed into the arm and now it cannot reach up and activate the "Sport" Mode.

I hope this little tip will help others and thank you for all the help you've given me in the past.

Bud

Notch.jpg

Hi Everyone;

I was thinking earlier today that with all the help I've had from some of the members here on this Forum, I'm happy to be able to give something back to this community. It's really not a big deal but I think it may have saved my Mavic Pro.

For those of you that use the iPad Mini to fly your Mavic Pro. One day about a month ago I noticed something strange going on. I didn't seem to have the same control over the Mavic that I usually do and it was flying faster than I had ever seen it fly before. A little later I noticed that the right arm of the controller was pushing up against the "Sport" button on the right side of the controller and that it had in fact activated the "Sport" Mode on my Mavic Pro. I quickly pushed the button back down where it belonged and had a quiet moment of relief thinking of all the things that could have gone wrong had I not noticed this.

So, when I got home, I took one of my larger needle files and went to work on the right side arm that holds the iPad Mini tablet in place.

Here's a photo of the small (hardly noticeable) notch I filed into the arm and now it cannot reach up and activate the "Sport" Mode.

I hope this little tip will help others and thank you for all the help you've given me in the past.

Bud

View attachment 19071
I put a bit of electrical tape over my switch.I am a complete novice and constantly worry about accidental activation of that switch.

If your concerned about entering Sports Mode, you can modify the settings under Main Controller Settings / Advanced Settings / EXP. Make sure you make changes with the Sports Mode switch is on.

You could copy the settings from the regular mode. Just flick the switch back and forth on this page to see/ edit the settings for both options.

Last edited:
If your concerned about entering Sports Mode, you can modify the settings under Main Controller Settings / Advanced Settings / EXP. Make sure you make changes with the Sports Mode switch is on.

You could copy the settings from the regular mode. Just flick the switch back and forth on this page to see/ edit the settings for both options.

Sorry, i am not computer or tech savvy in any way, you have totaly lost me here. I will just stay with the tape for now.

Within your DJI Go 4 app, you can change the settings of Sports Mode to behave the same as your Regular Mode. That way if you slide the switch by mistake, it will have no effect.

That said, if it's a bit much for you at the moment best to just stick to the tape for now. Perhaps revisit this option when your more confident altering settings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54