DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Little Activation Help

canalrun

Reactions
A few days ago I got a Mini 2 Fly More Package. My first chance to power it on was today.

I charged the batteries, the remote controller, and downloaded DJI Fly.
Turned everything on and DJI Fly asked me for the Activation Code.

I didn't see a code so I clicked "Skip" in the upper right page corner of the Fly app.

Everything seem to connect and and the propellers spun as expected (I'm still indoors).

I purchased the Refresh one year package via the web – still no activation code anywhere.

Doing a Google search I got conflicting information:
One place said the blue card in the box had a password and that was the activation code – there was no blue card in my box.
Another place said the activation code was no longer necessary – ???
Yet another place suggested the activation code was for the Refresh package if purchased separately.

This seems to be different than "binding" which seems to be linking the remote controller to the drone if both purchased separately.

Everything seems to work properly. The Refresh package seems to be associated with my drone serial number.

Am I good to go? I probably won't be able to get the drone outside until late April. Is there a message somewhere on the Fly app saying I'm running in some restricted mode until I activate?

Thanks,
Barry.

When you fired up the drones and went through the binding process DJI captured the SN of your drone, Gimbal and RC and automatically activated the care package.

You should see everything in your DJI account under your account.

I meant bind, once I went through the process the DJI Care process was automated at the next application launch and DJI care was in place. There was no longer a requirement for the activation code on either of my drones.

Binding, to DJI, is the process of binding craft, controller and account together for Care Refresh activation. Linking is craft to control frequrncy.

Reactions: Starz
Possibly some clues here?
Thanks, nice video.

My question would correspond to about the 8:12 mark in the video, the first time I ran Fly it did the update, then I was shown a page to purchase one-year Refresh (this is not shown in the video). I click a button that said "Ask me later" and it continued on to a page asking for the Activation Code. I could not find any Activation code. It would not let me proceed so I hit the Android Back Button. Back on the previous page, I noticed a link in the upper right-hand corner saying "skip". I pressed this and was able to continue on within the Fly app.

As I mentioned in my original post, doing Google searches led to some very confusing information:
Is Activation just for the Refresh purchase or something for normal drone use?
There was no "Blue Card" with an activation code in my box.
I purchased Refresh online later and still no Activation code.

Everything seems to be okay, but I'm just spinning the propellers indoors until I get a chance to take it outside. I won't be using it outside for almost a month or two. Will I find out it's not properly set up?

Any new DJI product has to be activated through your DJI account.
Seems to b a difference of opinion on the terminology of the word
”bind”. Bind and link in my opinion means connecting the drone to a given controller. Old school I guess.
Keep in mind that updates are not mandatory and should be researched prior to hitting that button. Some people will not fly without being assured that updates are current. I’m not one of those.
Bugs can be a curse and they can hide anywhere.

Reactions: RC_Adik
Any new DJI product has to be activated through your DJI account.
Seems to b a difference of opinion on the terminology of the word
”bind”. Bind and link in my opinion means connecting the drone to a given controller. Old school I guess.
Keep in mind that updates are not mandatory and should be researched prior to hitting that button. Some people will not fly without being assured that updates are current. I’m not one of those.
Bugs can be a curse and they can hide anywhere.
Thanks. I contacted DJI support. It seems that "Enter Activation Code" was part of an advertisement probably for the Refresh package.

I agree, I think "Bind" refers to linking the remote control with the drone.

I wish I knew more about what Activate actually means. When I Googled, one site said the activation code was no longer used and the drone would be activated during the initial firmware upgrade.

When I look at my account on the DJI site nothing tells me I have activated my new Mini 2 or that I activated my Spark back in 2018. I just see my purchases of the Refresh packages for both the Spark and now Mini 2.

I am guessing I am all set since I was able to use the Fly app to spin the propellers (I am indoors and out want to actually fly indoors) and view the video from the camera. I didn't see any messages telling me I needed to activate before I could actually fly.

I also
A few days ago I got a Mini 2 Fly More Package. My first chance to power it on was today.

I charged the batteries, the remote controller, and downloaded DJI Fly.
Turned everything on and DJI Fly asked me for the Activation Code.

I didn't see a code so I clicked "Skip" in the upper right page corner of the Fly app.

Everything seem to connect and and the propellers spun as expected (I'm still indoors).

I purchased the Refresh one year package via the web – still no activation code anywhere.

Doing a Google search I got conflicting information:
One place said the blue card in the box had a password and that was the activation code – there was no blue card in my box.
Another place said the activation code was no longer necessary – ???
Yet another place suggested the activation code was for the Refresh package if purchased separately.

This seems to be different than "binding" which seems to be linking the remote controller to the drone if both purchased separately.

Everything seems to work properly. The Refresh package seems to be associated with my drone serial number.

Am I good to go? I probably won't be able to get the drone outside until late April. Is there a message somewhere on the Fly app saying I'm running in some restricted mode until I activate?

Thanks,
Barry.
I also do the same thing, in my case setting for camera (JPEG and JPEG + RAW), setting Video (2K, 2.7K, 4K) and setting height at quick shoot cann't see it, defaul only 30 meter, and setting distant not apear

Thanks,
Rulianto

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55