DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A lot of bad things happening at once.

Sully888

Reactions
So, I'll start by saying I think i'm pretty decent at flying and thankfully so. I have chalked about 13 hours of flight time with this mini and I haven't had any issues until today. I got a weird error I have never seen before. "Battery Data Communication Error". Then after realizing this issue, I'm like I better bring this bad boy home. Well, I soon realized there are now 0 GPS satellites. Ok no biggie, I still have control. So I fly it home and try to land. Nope, not landing. I keep trying but after about 5 or 6 tries, it finally lands in the dirt in front of me. I am kinda skeptical about restarting it without finding out more about this error.

Just before people get judgmental, I went 450 feet to clear power lines just FYI. I know the rules.

Is the battery bulged at all?
Not really. It definitely doesn't look like it but when taking it in and out of the mini, there is a very very very small resistance compared to the others. But I would maybe chalk it up to just minor imperfections.

I think the Battery error & the ATTI mode are related ... at 414,7sec the Battery error occurs & all battery data related stops to update, at 415,7sec all satellites disappears & navhealth goes to zero ... at 416,4 ATTI mode is initiated.

This seems to be some HW related & not necessary the battery ... the DAT log is needed for this. The correct one have FLY003.DAT in the end.

1585592863827.png

Reactions: Prismatic
I have these?

Attachments

• 20-03-30-11-20-15_FLY007.DAT
    256 bytes · Views: 4
  • 20-03-30-11-22-15_FLY008.DAT
    164.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20-03-30-11-20-16_FLY007.DAT
    499.8 KB · Views: 4
I have these?
No it's none of those ... it should have FLY003.DAT in the end.

And you looked in the same place in the device you flew with as were you had the TXT log but in a subfolder there called MCDatFlightRecords ?

No it's none of those ... it should have FLY003.DAT in the end.

And you looked in the same place with the device you flew with as were you had the TXT log but in a subfolder there called MCDatFlightRecords ?
correct. it was just those three in there.

So, I'll start by saying I think i'm pretty decent at flying and thankfully so. I have chalked about 13 hours of flight time with this mini and I haven't had any issues until today. I got a weird error I have never seen before. "Battery Data Communication Error". Then after realizing this issue, I'm like I better bring this bad boy home. Well, I soon realized there are now 0 GPS satellites. Ok no biggie, I still have control. So I fly it home and try to land. Nope, not landing. I keep trying but after about 5 or 6 tries, it finally lands in the dirt in front of me. I am kinda skeptical about restarting it without finding out more about this error.

Just before people get judgmental, I went 450 feet to clear power lines just FYI. I know the rules.

This is the second time we've seen this pattern.

It's quite likely that the battery communication error led to other problems.

And without being judgmental at all - FYI - exceeding 400 ft AGL to clear power lines is not allowed under the recreational exception. If you were flying under Part 107 then no problem.

Reactions: dirkclod
This is the second time we've seen this pattern.

It's quite likely that the battery communication error led to other problems.

And without being judgmental at all - FYI - exceeding 400 ft AGL to clear power lines is not allowed under the recreational exception. If you were flying under Part 107 then no problem.
Hmm ... an intermittent problem then ... seems that the battery with the error in the thread you linked to was flown later without problems.

I just took the mini for a spin using a different battery. I also upgraded to 1.0.8 (new app, now with white balance control :)). So far no issues.

I just took the mini for a spin using a different battery. I also upgraded to 1.0.8 (new app, now with white balance control :)). So far no issues.
Have you tried out the battery you used when the bat error occurred?

Hmm ... an intermittent problem then ... seems that the battery with the error in the thread you linked to was flown later without problems.

Agreed. In that case the battery comms error coincided with the DAT file ending, which made further diagnosis rather difficult.

Have you tried out the battery you used when the bat error occurred?
i just flew it with the suspect battery. it had 50% left, flew it to 38% with no issues. hoping its an isolated incident but it makes me skeptical.

Reactions: slup
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent