DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Michigan convert, new to Mavic

larrypeplin

Reactions
Hello from the Detroit area! I have been flying a Phantom Pro 4 for more than two years, but last week it was whacked by an unexpected bus in downtown Detroit as I was bringing it in. R.I.P., dear Phantom. The battery separated and exploded in flames apart from the body, so I was able to save the photos I shot seconds before. (See example attached)

I was lucky to find an almost-new Mavic Pro 2 yesterday thanks to a post in the Phantom forum, so I am looking forward to seeing what it can do compared to my old bird.
I am Part 107 licensed and shoot regularly for Crain's Detroit Business. All stills, almost no videos, but that may evolve.
Photo attached is the last shot taken by my Phantom.

Attachments

• P_0005.jpg
    P_0005.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 25
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear that you are back up and flying. You will find all sorts of support and suggestions here. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: Thomas B
Hello from the Detroit area! I have been flying a Phantom Pro 4 for more than two years, but last week it was whacked by an unexpected bus in downtown Detroit as I was bringing it in. R.I.P., dear Phantom. The battery separated and exploded in flames apart from the body, so I was able to save the photos I shot seconds before. (See example attached)

I was lucky to find an almost-new Mavic Pro 2 yesterday thanks to a post in the Phantom forum, so I am looking forward to seeing what it can do compared to my old bird.
I am Part 107 licensed and shoot regularly for Crain's Detroit Business. All stills, almost no videos, but that may evolve.
Photo attached is the last shot taken by my Phantom.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Glad you're back in the air, Enjoy your new Mavic 2 Pro! Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N