DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro A Night Above The Flyover - Shanghai

Shanghai offers some pretty huge flyovers and intersections but what is the best is how the light them up at night ...

Of course, it is a major light pollution but still I was curious how they would look from above ...

Enjoy the night flight ...
Great video, love it

Reactions: mattcoq
Nice Video!

But, more curious about the Chinese regulations or limitations, especially in the city?

Loved the closing shot especially!
Excellent captures and frame rate changes.
Very entertaining.
Wish we could do that in the U.S.

Nice Video!

But, more curious about the Chinese regulations or limitations, especially in the city?

In the city of Shanghai, apart from certain areas, you can fly your drone ...

Of course, some parks are forbidden for obvious reasons and at certain moments during the year, when some important meetings happen in the city, better not lift off ...

Reactions: TommyP
Loved the closing shot especially!
Excellent captures and frame rate changes.
Very entertaining.
Wish we could do that in the U.S.

Thanks a lot ...

If you look carefully, you will see during the closing shot, a drone going from left to right ...

Didn't see it during the flight, wasn't one of my friend ...

Noticed it while editing ...

Reactions: Thomas B
Begining of the video profoundly disturbing with those rapid scene change and way too many speed ramp-up's.

Scenery and flying fantastic. Editing not so much.

Begining of the video profoundly disturbing with those rapid scene change and way too many speed ramp-up's.

Totally disagree. The editing is fantastic and takes a lot of time and skill to carry out. This is contemporary editing, and in the same style as a lot of popular work these days. The fact the editing is also in time to the music also adds another dimension to it, and the speed ramping is quality.

Actually, I think it was brilliantly edited. Loved the music and you made the video work with it. Great flying. Amazing how the expressways are blue! Nice job.

Shanghai offers some pretty huge flyovers and intersections but what is the best is how the light them up at night ...

Of course, it is a major light pollution but still I was curious how they would look from above ...

Matt

Nice video. What a very cool looking city!

Matt

I have already read all of the critiques. I am in the POSITIVE camp! Fantastic video, fantastic flying, and excellent editing. I do not think the speed ramps were overdone at all. And they were precisely timed to the excellent electronic music track. Great job. Bravo!
Shanghai is a truly amazing city. I was there several years ago after the huge building boom. Stayed at the Ritz Carlton, walked the Bund, etc. It is just gorgeous with the elevated superhighways all lit up with blue neon. The Chinese are truly amazing builders. I will leave the negative comments to myself.

Matt

Lived there for 3 years just before drones. If you are still there, I'd LOVE to see passes along the Bund and across the river to the Pearl Tower and the other new sky scrapers.

Thanks for commenting and not liking the edit - Not being sacarstic ;)

It is a real delemma when you have your footage and decide to choose a music that could fit with it - And then you have the process during which you have to edit and give it some style ...

There are two roads from there :
- Either try to appeal to most people, which I find completely irrational and quite impossible
- Either you just follow your instincts, mood and vibe that you felt during that flight and when visualizing your footage

This is true for a personal project and gives the main frame of your channel and it's spirit ...

After that, you have other projects which are more public that I find to be sometimes more tricky when someone (person, TV show) orders footage and video editing ...

- Either you have the same vibe and it flows
- Either you don't, and you need to force yourself to deliver what the person wants

I find in this case both situations rewarding because you need to adapt in the second case to make sure that you please them and at the same time, going against your usual style ...

To come back to this video, I would say the only aspect I don't like is the fact I didn't have enough flight time and footage in order to have more angles of the flyover and input more rhythm in the scene changes fitting then more to the soundtrack I chose ...

Nothing is perfect anyway and that is why there is always room for progress ?

Reactions: TommyP

Matt

Real good editing, captivating video.

All-around fantastic! From the music, to the edit, to the composition of incredible scenes, wow!

Love you commentary above too, I just can't do it for an audience's expectations. . . yet. . . has to be built on my feelings. I hope to grow into that and even be able to dramatically change the flavor of the same footage with different edits music. . .

All-around fantastic! From the music, to the edit, to the composition of incredible scenes, wow!

Love you commentary above too, I just can't do it for an audience's expectations. . . yet. . . has to be built on my feelings. I hope to grow into that and even be able to dramatically change the flavor of the same footage with different edits music. . .

Indeed, that is what makes watching videos surprising ...

Sometimes you agree with the way someone presents it, sometimes you don't, and other times, you are surprised by someones own vision of things that you might not have thought of ...

Always, inspiring watching how people edit ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov