DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A quarter & a penny

BillyDrone

Reactions
I read somewhere that if you glue a quarter to the top of your drone and a penny to the bottom you will get much better antenna reception from your drone to controller.
Is this true?

Its different, I suppose it one way to get your change to fly out of your pocket ,even quicker than it seems to now days

I read somewhere that if you glue a quarter to the top of your drone and a penny to the bottom you will get much better antenna reception from your drone to controller.
Is this true?
Did this to my wife. Reception improved 10x. Had to remove the coins quickly as data load overwhelmed brain. ☺☺☺

If anyone wants to learn the 5 penny (USA) trick just email me (It has nothing to do with drones or flying)

Did this to my wife. Reception improved 10x. Had to remove the coins quickly as data load overwhelmed brain. ☺☺☺
You got by with taping a penny to her bottom? :D

It usually takes a 20 to get good reception from mine...

Today's quarters have a copper core. You can see it on the edges. Will a penny and a quarter help with reception? No idea. Don't know if anyone outside a lab with sophisticated equipment could tell ya. BUT...it doesn't hurt to try it. Just use something non-permanent to attach with so you can take it off and not damage your drone.

What drone do you own? With DJI's ocusync I can't see why the need.

I'm cheap.
All I do is take out the garbage, empty the dishwasher, and all is gold.
The coins go for the important stuff....beer?

I didn't have a quarter, so I tried 2 dimes and a nickel. It didn't make any difference.

I'm sure I've got a few Kugerrands down the side of the sofa cushions , they might work
Probably at least as well as a quarter and a penny, but that would be a mighty expensive 'antenna upgrade' :oops:

Is this true?

Good lord ...

You can read a lot of things somewhere, most of which is every bit as ignorant as that idea. I swear ... there must be some sort of underground contest to see who can come up with the most extravagant claim, with some kind of point system for how widespread it gets.

Yeah - I'm still chuckling over the cow magnet taped to your fuel lines will give you 100mpg on your 1978 V8.

• Haha
Reactions: 615Images
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom