DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A quick question

noosaguy

Reactions
Hi all,
Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times but we're off to the UK in a couple of weeks and I'm taking the M2P with me.
1) Is there a British App that lets you know where you can fly?
2) Will I need to do full re calibration when I arrive?
Thanks in advance

Hi all,
Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times but we're off to the UK in a couple of weeks and I'm taking the M2P with me.
1) Is there a British App that lets you know where you can fly?
Thanks in advance

I don’t know about the app but it’s not a bad idea to do a compass calibration since you are are changing hemispheres. Might not be needed but why not

The CAA website may have a app (like CASA offers). Worth checking. If you don’t get an app you will get a heads up in the rules. They are slightly stricter than what we have here from memory.

You wont need to calibrate your compass. The compass calibration is performed to allow for any influence the components of your Mavic have on the magnetometer. Location on the planet is irrelevant.

Reactions: noosaguy
There is no physical reason calibration of anything would be needed.
But for some reason known only to DJI, some Mavic 2 drones will ask for a compass calibration if you travel >50 km.
In that case there's no escaping it.

There is no physical reason calibration of anything would be needed.
But for some reason known only to DJI, some Mavic 2 drones will ask for a compass calibration if you travel >50 km.
In that case there's no escaping it.
That’s interesting Meta- my M2 doesn’t do that. I wonder if it’s firmware- I rolled back to .100.

Try this app, NATS assist, link below. This also has something to the with the CAA so it should be good. I use it all the time.?

Edit, sorry forgot to say, this is only for the UK?

Last edited:
That’s interesting Meta- my M2 doesn’t do that. I wonder if it’s firmware- I rolled back to .100.
Sar104 was looking into it and I don't think he tracked down anything definite.
Just that some do and some don't do it.

Sar104 was looking into it and I don't think he tracked down anything definite.
Just that some do and some don't do it.
Clearly it does happen with some M2’s. I’m on the .100 firmware and whatever the November 18 iOS GO4 release was. No compass calibration and I must confess to not being tempted to do an IMU cal either.

Reactions: Madmax229
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair