DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A revisit to one of the most amazing abandoned locations in New York

cheezstake

Reactions

With news that the facilities where being demolished I rushed back up to Poughkeepsie to fly once more at my favorite abandoned location. This is my first edit with davinci resolve, so mind the fact that things dont really sync up 100% or might look off, I did my best, this hobby is a work in progress for me.

If anyone is iterested this is the video i made in 2017 of the same location prior to the newest fire and all the demolition

I'd seen your 2017 video when I joined up here.
The new one is quite well done, like the mix of more internal shooting this time, and an interesting close to the latest video.

When's demolition happening, and any chance you can get into the air for it ?

Wow! Some of that was disturbing, and I mean that as a compliment. I watched both and I think your revisit video was far better. I really liked the inside the building shots (although a few were a bit over saturated - given the ruin and what the place was, you could have had far more dramatic effect going with grey rather than colour on some of the inside shots). Also, great missed opportunity - you could have gone with a very disturbing sound track and pulled it off. I am no expert, my comments are that of a lay man.

PS: I am loving this sub forum, so many great shots and stories! So thank you for all who contribute. May be some day I will have enough skills and patience to actually make something and share it.

Terrific video and amazing location! That place is massive - hard to believe such a huge facility would be abandoned. Now I'm going to have to read more about it! Thanks for sharing!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS