DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

a spooky video

Great video! It's funny how music (and the text description) really set the mood. If it had some other upbeat soundtrack, and had been described as "natural beauty of winter" or something, it would seem completely different.

Thanx, Douglas. Yes, it was sort of an experiment to see how sound can change whole feel to it. Glad you enjoyed it.

Beautiful!!! I subscribed and checked your other videos. You have a great eye for photography/videography! AND a beautiful scenic area.

Thank you for kind words, copdmw. Still waiting for some snow and spring is on it's way :)

A very good kind of spooky.
The scenery along with your cinematic moves and shots made it an enjoyable video.
Great job sir.

Excellent, and refreshing not to hear another New Age Inspirational music track. Are the frosted trees a common or rare occurrence? Magical!

Thanx everyone. To be honest, didn't expect many people to like it, but being tired myself of upbeat music and jumping colorful scenes, thought to make something a bit different. Frosted trees are common in winter, every year we have few days like this.

Reactions: Skyflyer129
One suggestion would be to experiment with a shorter version. The landscape doesn't have much variation, and gets repetitive -even as it is beautiful. I forwarded the link to friends who liked it, but some never even got the the horses. I try to be brutal in my own editing. If I have a music track that's too long, I'll just do an audio fade in at start or finish. Always best to leave the view wanting MORE -not LESS.

Also, thanks for not using any "canned" transitions. They almost always distract from the story. And "story" is another element that few aerials feature. A challenge to be sure, but a worthy goal.

Loved your video. In Indiana USA we call that “whore frost”. It’s when the moisture in the air clings to then freezes to all exposed surfaces. Quite lovely in morning light!

One suggestion would be to experiment with a shorter version. The landscape doesn't have much variation, and gets repetitive -even as it is beautiful. I forwarded the link to friends who liked it, but some never even got the the horses. I try to be brutal in my own editing. If I have a music track that's too long, I'll just do an audio fade in at start or finish. Always best to leave the view wanting MORE -not LESS.

Also, thanks for not using any "canned" transitions. They almost always distract from the story. And "story" is another element that few aerials feature. A challenge to be sure, but a worthy goal.
Thank you for giving me advice, Citizen Flier. Will have that on my mind when next edit comes around. I am a bit rushy in making it and have no chance to see complete outcome until render is done. After that even if there is somethng i would love to change, it needs some time. Just need practice in shooting and editing.

Um, actually it's "hoarfrost"

hoarfrost | ˈhôrˌfrôst | noun a grayish-white crystalline deposit of frozen water vapor formed in clear still weather on vegetation, fences, etc.

Loved your video. In Indiana USA we call that “whore frost”. It’s when the moisture in the air clings to then freezes to all exposed surfaces. Quite lovely in morning light!

Eka...that was brilliant and I stayed for the whole ride and the closing horse scenes were fantastic.
A part of the world I am not likely to have ever seen and now I have with the added hoarfrost experience...truly thankful.
Was wondering where you were positioned in relation to the main building. Keep up the good work and much appreciated mate - from Down Under.

Hi Mavic Maxwell and thank you for kind words. Horses were some 2km from wooden building and i was standing right between them. All shots were made from that position.

Lucky you were to be at that right moment to capture this unique phenomenon! And the swans and the horses...what a revelation of the beauties of this part of the planet. Many thanks for sharing it. Here where I am, we don't even see the trees. They are all covered by snow. We call them momies...

Attachments

• P1220269x.jpg
    P1220269x.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 24
Reactions: MaxE1955!
Um, actually it's "hoarfrost"

hoarfrost | ˈhôrˌfrôst | noun a grayish-white crystalline deposit of frozen water vapor formed in clear still weather on vegetation, fences, etc.
Hahahahaha, well in my defense I did say I was from Indiana.

Reactions: Citizen Flier
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser