DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s A Tree Among Trees

Love then lightning, color and contrast. Even if I made it square lol
That’s what I like about overhead forest shots - everything from the centre outwards ‘leans’ away due to perspective distortion. All the better for the bright green tree.

It might work even better if you can place the green trees on either side corner to corner.

Reactions: VenomXts

Love then lightning, color and contrast. Even if I made it square lol
Last Autumn, I also found a beauty from the air, that was not visible from the ground. Of course,DJI_0394 cropped.jpg this can also be cropped square but this is how I photographed this one. It seems to be trying to crowd out all the green ones.

Last edited:
Last Autumn, I also found a beauty from the air, that was not visible from the ground. Of course,View attachment 159066 this can also be cropped square but this how I photographed this one. It seems to be trying to crowd out all the green ones.
Cropping is your most powerful compositional tool. Doesn't have to be square or any other pre-determined ratio. Every image tells you how it wants to be cropped once you are experienced enough to hear them say it.

Cropping is your most powerful compositional tool. Doesn't have to be square or any other pre-determined ratio. Every image tells you how it wants to be cropped once you are experienced enough to hear them say it.
You are quite right about that, I've been a photographer since 1970 and am well aware of what cropping can do for an image, both beneficially and to the detriment of an image.

I only mentioned that this is how I shot it due to the fact that the square crop of the OP was mentioned, almost apologetically. I just wanted anyone to know that this was an image that could be cropped, if a viewer wished to see it that way.

Many images can be bettered through creative cropping however, not all photos will benefit from being cropped, of course.

Last Autumn, I also found a beauty from the air, that was not visible from the ground. Of course,View attachment 159066 this can also be cropped square but this how I photographed this one. It seems to be trying to crowd out all the green ones.
Great colour contrast. It looks like PAC-MAN chomping the greenery!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo