DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Utah State park controlling airspace

Marko9219

Reactions
So this is interesting : " ...This prohibition extends to any devices launched or operated from State Park property, as well as any launched from private property outside of the State Park boundaries. "
So, even when launched from outside the park boundaries and flown over the park, they are controlling the airspace above the park. To what altitude do they assume domain over I wonder? Just my drone? Or would it extend to 41,000 ft and that 777 up there leaving the contrail over the park?

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
So this is interesting : " ...This prohibition extends to any devices launched or operated from State Park property, as well as any launched from private property outside of the State Park boundaries. "
So, even when launched from outside the park boundaries and flown over the park, they are controlling the airspace above the park. To what altitude do they assume domain over I wonder? Just my drone? Or would it extend to 41,000 ft and that 777 up there leaving the contrail over the park?
That prohibition is meaningless unless the FAA actually marks that place as a NFZ.

Typical "over reach"

Reactions: RC5728
I have a vacation home about 15 minutes from this state park and this tempts me to grab my Mavic and fly into the Park from outside it's boundary just to challenge this. Heck, I'm retired... I can afford some time in court.

If this is the Park regulation that you are referring to then it does seem like overreach. It makes vague reference to natural resources, safety and privacy but does not explicitly invoke any nuisance laws that might be applicable. There are no restrictions on the sectional and it's Class G airspace. I cannot see how they are going to be able to enforce that.

Reactions: BigAl07
If this is the Park regulation that you are referring to then it does seem like overreach. It makes vague reference to natural resources, safety and privacy but does not explicitly invoke any nuisance laws that might be applicable. There are no restrictions on the sectional and it's Class G airspace. I cannot see how they are going to be able to enforce that.
Yuppers... That's it.

what park is this you're reffering to?
Snow Canyon State Park in Utah. Dirt bikes, four wheelers and snowmobiles are okay, but no rc aircraft without special permission. They have a brochure showing someone standing on the seat of a four wheeler and pulling a wheelie. Hmmm

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61