DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Abandoned sanatorium - Spooky drone video!

Ourakot

Reactions
The Merchant Marine Hospital (NIEN) was founded in 1948, initially as a sanatorium and closed in 1975 for repairs.

In 1981 the work ended. Since then it has been a place of exploration, a playground for neighborhood children, a drug lodge, an expression area for graffiti artists, a field for hunter ghosts and more. It belongs to the Naval Retirement Fund which is bound by its statutes to operate only as a hospital. Thus, the building and the total area of 120 acres remain unused.

Last edited:
Thank you Ourakot for the history lesson. It does seem ominous as do many large abandoned institution. Something about being an 'institution' that lends to its spookiness and alluring nature. Nicely done video.

Thank you Ourakot for the history lesson. It does seem ominous as do many large abandoned institution. Something about being an 'institution' that lends to its spookiness and alluring nature. Nicely done video.
Thanks for the comment! indeed a very interesting place to film!

Nice Vid...

Reactions: Ourakot
This is an extraordinary video that you have created. I’m just now starting to look at ways to make my videos more artistic. Right now they bore even me. Can you tell me which editing app you are using. Also, do you use the same app for adding the audio track?

Thank you for this video. The subject is great and the workmanship is astounding.

This is an extraordinary video that you have created. I’m just now starting to look at ways to make my videos more artistic. Right now they bore even me. Can you tell me which editing app you are using. Also, do you use the same app for adding the audio track?

Thank you for this video. The subject is great and the workmanship is astounding.
Hi! Happy you liked my video and thanks for the kind words!
I use Adobe premiere pro and yes both music and video are edited with the same program!fell free to ask anything you want!

Wow! Your editing and music selection was so perfect for the subject. I was spellbound!

Excellent. Really like your camera movements. Some played in reverse?
There was a similar Maritime facility on Staten Island in NYC, that I visited on a class trip as a kid in the 1960's. It was MANY acres.
I'm all for self expression, but I'm really tired of graffiti marring every abandoned structure. OTOH, at some point even the graffiti will become "historic" -like rock art & petroglyphs. But I prefer seeing a more untouched state as if no one had visited the site since it closed -more like Chernobyl, or some of the shipwrecks I have dived.
Having good aerial footage of abandoned structures becomes even more relevant if the structures are subsequently demolished. It becomes part of the visual record (at least as long as youtube exists)

Excellent. Really like your camera movements. Some played in reverse?
There was a similar Maritime facility on Staten Island in NYC, that I visited on a class trip as a kid in the 1960's. It was MANY acres.
I'm all for self expression, but I'm really tired of graffiti marring every abandoned structure. OTOH, at some point even the graffiti will become "historic" -like rock art & petroglyphs. But I prefer seeing a more untouched state as if no one had visited the site since it closed -more like Chernobyl, or some of the shipwrecks I have dived.
Having good aerial footage of abandoned structures becomes even more relevant if the structures are subsequently demolished. It becomes part of the visual record (at least as long as youtube exists)
Happy you liked it mate!one shot of the entire video is played in reverse! The shot that goes backwards from top to bottom near the windows!
This is a general habit!! Abandoned buildings ara full of graffiti!some are nice and well presented but in general they ruin the natural beauty of the place!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929