DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Abandoned World War Artillery barrage and tower

Proffy

Reactions
It was a a USSR Army Base during USSR. Now almost all infrastructure demolished and just an old Watch Tower and some artillery spots remains around

Nice Vid.

It’s sad, the vets of WWII are passing away and so are the things that remind us of this treble war. Good to document for the future!

Totally agreed, I don't understand why do the country can not make museum there, or as an idea sell it to some entrepreneur to build the property around and save the WW heritage

Reactions: AMann
Cool vid of a Cold War relic!
Thanks. :) When I was a kid, we gouing there to stole bullets. ))) Horsemans with AKMs always patrolling around.

Nature attempts to reclaim with that little solitary tree trying to make a go of life up there.
Such a solid piece of infrastructure, will possibly be around for another 80+ years.

Probably much more then 200+ It was built during a Peter First time

Reactions: AMann
Probably much more then 200+ It was built during a Peter First time

Can you clarify Peter the First, Tsar of late 1600 / early 1700 ?
When you said World War artillery, I was thinking most likely WWII !!

Of course they had crude gunpowder cannon in Peter the Firsts time.

Even more remarkable if that was built in that era, but looking at it I'm reasonably sure this is a more modern tower, isn't it ?
Looks WWII, it is reinforced concrete and has features of modern metal (gantry etc).

Maybe it was changed in later years.

Reactions: Proffy

Even more remarkable if that was built in that era, but looking at it I'm reasonably sure this is a more modern tower, isn't it ?
Looks WWII, it is reinforced concrete and has features of modern metal (gantry etc).

I think he was implying that the hewed stone walls of the older buildings in places like St. Petersburg from Peter the First’s time will far outlast the poured concrete used in more modern structures like this WWII tower.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz

Most of the forts and war buildings in Liepaja are built during Peter the First. But I didn’t found more info about this tower. There was a military base, the tower available to public after USSR crack down. Maybe I’m wrong about the times. Will try to find more information.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Most of the forts and war buildings in Liepaja are built during Peter the First. But I didn’t found more info about this tower. There was a military base, the tower available to public after USSR crack down. Maybe I’m wrong about the times. Will try to find more information.

Ah, don't go to too much trouble, it looks like a WWII era piece of work . . . to see other fortifications in the country and surrounds from the Peter the First era would be pretty incredible, amazing they can still be standing.

Reactions: Proffy
Ah, don't go to too much trouble, it looks like a WWII era piece of work . . . to see other fortifications in the country and surrounds from the Peter the First era would be pretty incredible, amazing they can still be standing.

Need to find some one who was in army there. Sad but part of the locals are moved away, away USSR crack.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut