DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Abnormal Mavic behavior - Crashed my Mavic

Perkele

Reactions
Hi,

I have owned Mavic about 2 months. I had no other problems but the image is really soft on the other side. I have latest firmware.

So I was flying my mavic yestarday, first battery with no problems.
With second (same battery, charged) battery I didnt have any problems at first. But then I noticed some strange behavior with gimbal (spins wildy around like when calibrating)
When battery reached 30 percent power, I started to land my mavic.

First I was getting message "Mobile CPU overload. Related performance will be affected" multiple times and live feed was getting very choppy. So I press RTH button.. and nothing happened.

I was landing withoud live feed at this point from ~50m to 5m with mavic on my sight.
At this point I noticed that when I push right stick forward, mavic moves sideways, left goes back etc. Controls totally messed up.
Then Mavic stop responding to controller up/down stick.. hovering in the air about 4m height.

I then press emergency stop button and Mavic goes crazy.. shoots full speed at nearest building.

I didnt get any other warnings than CPU Overload. Calibrated compass normally before first flight. No compass errors.

Mavic & camera seems to be ok, all props shattered and some scratches.

Faulty compass or electromagnetic interference? Any ideas?
I hope you understand, english is not my native tongue

App version 4.1.17
Aircraft version 01.04.0000
Remote controller 01.04.0000
Mobile device used: Ipad Mini 2
Temperature: 35.2

Link to flight DAT file: DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-11-19_20-52-07.DAT

I do not understand how it is even possible that the point of interest mode goes on its own? It does not explain that the controller did not respond to the ascend/descend commands.
understand that Mavic should stop the current fly mode if the stop button is pressed? In my case, Mavic decided to go full speed straight to the wall :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots