DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Abnormal Remote controller signal with Mavic 2

Wijaya

Reactions
Hello,

I am new here and flying drone since 2017, start with Mavic Pro and flying Mavic 2 Pro now.

And I need some advise regarding the rc signal issues.

Several days ago, a friend contact me and told me his drone Mavic 2 Zoom has an issue with the signal connection. Used to can flew more than 500m distance and now in 100m already lost signal transmission. The drone send to me already and I did some testing and found the problem is really happened.
First suspect was the remote. And after I change remote the problem is still same.
So remote issue side away.

I am checking with the firmware (fw). The drone fw installed Fw 200.
Already upgrade to 400 but still have same problem. Not yet upgrade to 510.

Mine fw 510 and no issues with the rc signal.

Today, 2 friends also contact me that his mavic 2 pro have same issue as well.

I not yet have information what is the fw.

My question, did anyone have same issue like me ?

I attached several screen capture from the several flight Screenshot_20200111_205353_com.android.chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200110_172447_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    Screenshot_20200110_172447_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    815.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20200110_172712_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    Screenshot_20200110_172712_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    856.8 KB · Views: 20
I also have a M2P and have not seen this behavior. It looks like your in a congested area so it could be interference for other signal sources. Have you tried it in a more remote area?

I also have a M2P and have not seen this behavior. It looks like your in a congested area so it could be interference for other signal sources. Have you tried it in a more remote area?

Looks like you not notice the screen capture that I attached and didn't read my words well.

I flew hundred times in this area and never have problem with the signal strength on Mavic 2.

Base on the flight data that I upload to airdata.com, height 8.2 ft signal error 380.9 % this is abnormal.

Ok then, hope your flight well and fly safe.

The video feed signal was still good but the received control signal was very weak. This is opposite to what usually happens, the video signal goes down first. The message is "weak signal" instead of "strong interference" so my judgement is that the drone's radio receiver has got some problem.

Regarding the range problems reported by your other 2 friends, I can't comment until there is more info.

Fly safe.

Last edited:
Looks like you not notice the screen capture that I attached and didn't read my words well.

I flew hundred times in this area and never have problem with the signal strength on Mavic 2.

Base on the flight data that I upload to airdata.com, height 8.2 ft signal error 380.9 % this is abnormal.

Ok then, hope your flight well and fly safe.
Yes, I did view the screen capture and read your words carefully. I was just trying to help. It is possible to have a new interference source, that may be enough to “put you over the top” and cause the signal losses you experienced. Of course, it is also possible that your transmitter is defective. I was just trying to offer a way of narrowing down the issue.

Reactions: GarthH
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato