DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Abnormal vertical glares in 7X secondary camera

marciano

Reactions

(2 photos)

Around 3 weeks or so I remember a Youtube video showing the same problem. I cannot find it, I don't remember how did the author or DJI solved that.
This is unacceptable, all point of light have those vertical glares.
Lens and filter are clean.

What can I do?
Thanks

What kind of filter? do you get the same streaks without the filter?
Thanks for your reply.
It is the regular neutral filter that comes with the M3 from factory to protect the lens. Not one of the pack of NDs that comes with the combo.
I'm not going to make test without lens protection. In any case what I could do is to make it with the ND4

Makes sense. Although you could instead of a flight, but just turn on the camera pointed at say a candle indoors to see if there is a duplicate effect. with and without the filter. Using an ND4 is a good idea, also trying to eliminate the filter as the cause.
As a photographer, my first impression is that even though the filter is "clean" a fingerprint "streak" could have a similar effect. Do you have any microfiber cloths that you could clean both the inside and outside of the filter?
Just trying to troubleshoot ideas.
Also, does this happen with both video and still images? If not, maybe it is your video fps rate?

Makes sense. Although you could instead of a flight, but just turn on the camera pointed at say a candle indoors to see if there is a duplicate effect. with and without the filter. Using an ND4 is a good idea, also trying to eliminate the filter as the cause.
As a photographer, my first impression is that even though the filter is "clean" a fingerprint "streak" could have a similar effect. Do you have any microfiber cloths that you could clean both the inside and outside of the filter?
Just trying to troubleshoot ideas.
Also, does this happen with both video and still images? If not, maybe it is your video fps rate?
No need to record a video, it is visible a first sight.
I made test with a flash light:
M3_0452_J.jpgM3_0453_J.jpgM3_0457_J.jpg

I still cannot find another pilot that had the same issue and posted in Youtube around a month ago.IMG_0222.jpg

Last edited:
It seems it's a coma aberration in the lens, a general problem in the secondary camera

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121