DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

about privacy...and a little bit about drones

iamcostas

Reactions
I am not a writer, I am not a psychologist, English is not my first language but I will concentrate as much as I can on my writing to be clear as possible.
We are talking sometimes about privacy. What is privacy?
Privacy means I don't want a person, a group of people or all the population of this planet to be related with anything or something related to me, like my existence, thoughts, possessions or my circle of my friends or relatives. I am talking in first person but I could also talk in third person.
The rules I set up about my privacy could based on emotional or psychological reasons, on my social or professional status, religious beliefs or practically on our primitive instincts of survival and reproduction.
My definition of privacy could be much different than yours for thousands reasons. And this is the messy part. And this the reason for many misunderstandings and misinterpretations.
And be careful when you fly your drone, no matter it has a camera or not. Because if someone convinced himself that his privacy is in danger, he could attack you even behind your back without warning and probably you could be so surprised.
They are could be a lot of different "kinds" of privacy...
For example should I publish my thoughts in this forum? Should my thoughts be private or personal or share them with the rest of the world?
Because if I press the "post" button , there is no way back.
?
Sorry guys if my thoughts or writing make no sense.

A wise man told me once that people only react for two reasons; To keep what the have and to get what they don't have.
Privacy falls into the first part. There is no doubt that fear is the major part of the play and lost of control of what they perceive as their reality.

I am wondering if you are suggesting that you are one of these people that would attack (probably not).
I think most drone pilots realize the ignorance in the general public concerning drones and their abilities.
As a safety reminder I think it is important to remember possible ramifications when operating a drone.
However, just because someone may have a different definition of privacy, that (obviously) does not give them the right to attack...and there are laws against that. Most drone pilots are respectful of the rules and how and where they fly.
These new RID rules are going to create drone crusaders who will no doubt be out there bothering, distracting and harassing pilots. This is something that regular pilots don't generally worry about because they are aboard their aircraft.
And, let's remember that rules set by individuals because of their thoughts and beliefs are not necessarily the laws,
So, those who may attack will find themselves in violation of the law and may find that the response they get will be less than enjoyable.
The bottom line being that we live in a civilized society with laws and peoples' feelings are not facts nor are they necessarily reality. So citizens are not bound by individuals beliefs, but by the laws that govern.

I am wondering if you are suggesting that you are one of these people that would attack (probably not).
I think most drone pilots realize the ignorance in the general public concerning drones and their abilities.
As a safety reminder I think it is important to remember possible ramifications when operating a drone.
However, just because someone may have a different definition of privacy, that (obviously) does not give them the right to attack...and there are laws against that. Most drone pilots are respectful of the rules and how and where they fly.
These new RID rules are going to create drone crusaders who will no doubt be out there bothering, distracting and harassing pilots. This is something that regular pilots don't generally worry about because they are aboard their aircraft.
And, let's remember that rules set by individuals because of their thoughts and beliefs are not necessarily the laws,
So, those who may attack will find themselves in violation of the law and may find that the response they get will be less than enjoyable.
The bottom line being that we live in a civilized society with laws and peoples' feelings are not facts nor are they necessarily reality. So citizens are not bound by individuals beliefs, but by the laws that govern.
Definitely the last think I wish to happen is to attack or being attacked by someone else. ?
It supposed to have fun and not constantly beign cautious about not to annoy or not be annoyed by others.
Sometimes when I fly my drone I remember the phrase " take a picture, it last longer" ?.
Even staring to someone it could end up sometimes with a black eye ?

Reactions: NG Wildman
Well said.

Reactions: NG Wildman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121