Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

About to give up!

Welsh pilot

Reactions
Moverio simply will not connect to Mavic pro 2
Was working on my other Mavic 2
But this brand new Mavic will not have it
I’ve tried everything possible re-loaded old firmware etc.
Dji not interested, said it’s a third party item and they have not tested it.
So may go up for sale soon
Uk based if anyone interested
Had them for a month!

Last edited:
Yes, you can forget DJI helping in this matter. They will not assist in 3rd Party hardware or software. Furthermore, if you crash your drone while using a 3rd party app, they will not repair it under warranty.

With that said, you might be better off contacting the Epson Moverio support team for help in this matter.

Have you tried Sideloading the software onto you Gasses Desktop.?
...cR

Seems to be the Remote model number
RC1B is the issue we think, RC1A appears to be working fine
Unless people say different

Reactions: Flycaster
Frankly the DJI GO 4 app is so much better that the Moverio version you are not missing anything. True the Moverio app has the head following mode but it is very tricky to get the pictures smooth I find. As it is made for the glasses it ought to be a lot better and it works fine but IMO it does not offer enought to stop using the GO 4 app. Like all computer based things as to why you cannot load the app is a mystery.

Yes, you can forget DJI helping in this matter. They will not assist in 3rd Party hardware or software. Furthermore, if you crash your drone while using a 3rd party app, they will not repair it under warranty.

With that said, you might be better off contacting the Epson Moverio support team for help in this matter.
Not true. If the third party app isn’t the cause of the crash your warranty must be honoured. The problem can be proving what happened- you won’t have flight logs on the device side unless your flying with GO/GO4. Third party logs aren’t accepted by DJI for analysis.

Seems to be the Remote model number
RC1B is the issue we think, RC1A appears to be working fine
Unless people say different
Yes, as stated in the FB group, RC1A is confirmed working and RC1B is not. So DJI has apparently changed something in the new generation of Mavic 2 controller that does not allow the Moverio to connect. I doubt that DJI will honor any warranty on the controller, as it is functioning as designed.

Reactions: Welsh pilot
Not true. If the third party app isn’t the cause of the crash your warranty must be honoured. The problem can be proving what happened- you won’t have flight logs on the device side unless your flying with GO/GO4. Third party logs aren’t accepted by DJI for analysis.

Yes it is true. "Third party logs aren’t accepted by DJI..." Exactly! Trust me, I speak from experience

Yes it is true. "Third party logs aren’t accepted by DJI..." Exactly! Trust me, I speak from experience
Your original assertion was, and remains to be, misleading and incorrect.

If you were to say that DJI will not accept logs from third party apps for analysis that is the scenario and well demonstrated.

This is not a question of whether flying with 3rd party software might automatically void warranty- it doesn't.

Your original assertion was, and remains to be, misleading and incorrect.

If you were to say that DJI will not accept logs from third party apps for analysis that is the scenario and well demonstrated.

This is not a question of whether flying with 3rd party software might automatically void warranty- it doesn't.

All I can tell you is that DJI refused the repair of my drone under warranty because I was using the Litchi app. I did not have the Care Refresh, but it was still under warranty. That's all I can tell you. What first-hand knowledge do you have on this?

From DJI

"Our company does not warranty flights that have been flown with 3rd party applications

We would like to offer you 15% off a new purchase of a Phantom 4 - Aircraft (Excludes Remote Controller and Battery Charger)

To accept this offer, ...."

Thank you for your patience and support of DJI.

Last edited:
All I can tell you is that DJI refused the repair of my drone under warranty because I was using the Litchi app. I did not have the Care Refresh, but it was still under warranty. That's all I can tell you. What first-hand knowledge do you have on this?
Did you supply the crashed drone so DJI could read the logs?

A simple search on this forum alone will reveal how DJI treats warrant claims with third party flight apps.

And here is a common sense question- why would DJI provide SDK's for third party app developers to create software the use of which would automatically void warranty? That would be ridiculous.

Did you supply the crashed drone so DJI could read the logs?

A simple search on this forum alone will reveal how DJI treats warrant claims with third party flight apps.

And here is a common sense question- why would DJI provide SDK's for third party app developers to create software the use of which would automatically void warranty? That would be ridiculous.

Common sense? Did you read the portion of their email to me above?

Yes, I have searched the subject many times, mainly after I paid out of pocket to DJI for the repair, and have found some that say that DJI honored the warranty, while others say they didn't.

I am not going to argue with you about this and will discuss this no further with you.

I simply replied based on my experience. You failed to answer my question. Have you had any first-hand experience with DJI concerning 3rd party apps or hardware? But don't worry about that.

@Welsh pilot, I know your question was about obtaining support and as I said, DJI is not the one to get support on your issue. My statement concerning DJI's treatment concerning 3rd part apps and hardware was based entirely on my experience with them. I apologize that my statement has caused this thread to get railroaded.

Common sense? Did you read the portion of their email to me above?

Yes, I have searched the subject many times, mainly after I paid out of pocket to DJI for the repair, and have found some that say that DJI honored the warranty, while others say they didn't.

I am not going to argue with you about this and will discuss this no further with you.

I simply replied based on my experience. You failed to answer my question. Have you had any first-hand experience with DJI concerning 3rd party apps or hardware? But don't worry about that.

@Welsh pilot, I know your question was about obtaining support and as I said, DJI is not the one to get support on your issue. My statement concerning DJI's treatment concerning 3rd part apps and hardware was based entirely on my experience with them. I apologize that my statement has caused this thread to get railroaded.
Whether your happy to discuss further is largely irrelevant- what is important is that what people are reading in threads is not misleading or incorrect.

If the cause of the crash/malfunction can be attributed to an issue with DJI hardware/software warranty will be honoured regardless of what flight app is used. That is a well established fact from experiences shared and it is also provided for in the consumer protection laws of most jurisdictions.

Whether your happy to discuss further is largely irrelevant- what is important is that what people are reading in threads is not misleading or incorrect.

If the cause of the crash/malfunction can be attributed to an issue with DJI hardware/software warranty will be honoured regardless of what flight app is used. That is a well established fact from experiences shared and it is also provided for in the consumer protection laws of most jurisdictions.

It's not misleading when, as I did, provide proof of what DJI said and did! "Our company does not warranty flights that have been flown with 3rd party applications." They didn't say anything about the flight data or anything else. I guess you are saying that either I am or the DJI Support guy is a liar, huh? Now to me that's relevant .

You still haven't answered my question. My information was based on my first-hand experience. You haven't provided any sources, other than some who, on other threads say that DJI did cover their repair. But could have had DJI Refresh. What's your source?

It's not misleading when, as I did, provide proof of what DJI said and did! "Our company does not warranty flights that have been flown with 3rd party applications." They didn't say anything about the flight data or anything else. I guess you are saying that either I am or the DJI Support guy is a liar, huh? Now to me that's relevant .

You still haven't answered my question. My information was based on my first-hand experience. You haven't provided any sources, other than some who, on other threads say that DJI did cover their repair. But could have had DJI Refresh. What's your source?
I am certainly not suggesting you are a liar- you may have, depending on the circumstances, got some incorrect assertions from the customer rep at DJI though.

My source is the numerous threads/comments here and elsewhere from users and direct discussion with a DJI authorised repairer (explaining that DJI will in some circumstances honour warranty and provide free replacement where the logs reveal hardware failure- but only with logs from the GO/GO4 apps).

You may need to allow for a language issue here (dealings with DJI). If the service rep was saying they don't honour warranty for third party app flights where the drone isn't recovered that would make perfect sense.

I am certainly not suggesting you are a liar- you may have, depending on the circumstances, got some incorrect assertions from the customer rep at DJI though.

My source is the numerous threads/comments here and elsewhere from users and direct discussion with a DJI authorised repairer (explaining that DJI will in some circumstances honour warranty and provide free replacement where the logs reveal hardware failure- but only with logs from the GO/GO4 apps).

You may need to allow for a language issue here (dealings with DJI). If the service rep was saying they don't honour warranty for third party app flights where the drone isn't recovered that would make perfect sense.

Then speaking of 'common sense', you said, "but only with logs from the GO/GO4 apps)". This statement completely supports what I have been saying!

Then speaking of 'common sense', you said, "but only with logs from the GO/GO4 apps)". This statement completely supports what I have been saying!
Exactly- my point being that DJI might reasonably argue they cant make a determination as to whether warranty should apply where the cause of the failure cant be evidenced. If the drone isn’t available so that the internal logs might be retrieved and you don’t have a DJI GO/GO4 created flight log file then DJI’s reluctance to provide assistance in those circumstances Is understandable. I tend not to fly with third party apps in circumstances where it is likely a failure would provide the drone couldn’t be recovered (over water for example).

You have taken my “common sense” suggestion out of context here. I suggested that for DJI to produce an SDK promoting the development of third party apps and claiming the use of those apps would automatically void warrant would be ridiculous. To the extent use of the app caused a crash that would be a different situation obviously. Failure of DJI hardware/firmware issues would and seemingly is still covered when using third party apps providing the cause can be demonstrated.

Third party app use doesn’t automatically void warranty. To say it does- as was your claim- is not correct. It would be a shame for anyone to believe that might be the case and pay for a repair when warranty coverage should be available.

Yes, as stated in the FB group, RC1A is confirmed working and RC1B is not. So DJI has apparently changed something in the new generation of Mavic 2 controller that does not allow the Moverio to connect. I doubt that DJI will honor any warranty on the controller, as it is functioning as designed.
For what it is worth my issue free Moverio experience has been with the RC1A.

Out of curiosity i did try to connect the Moverios to a RC1B (not mine) and was unable to establish a connection. with three different cables (bottom port on the controller).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada