DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

About to purchase Mavic Pro

Johnic

Reactions
I've had the Mavic pro in my shopping cart for 2 weeks about to pull the trigger but I'm reading a lot about the new firmware issues and loosing connections.
Should I be concerned ? Is there a fix for this yet?

Reactions: charliesRig
but I'm reading a lot about the new firmware issues and loosing connections
These threads pop up every time a new firmware version is released. Keep in mind that the majority of the problems discussed in this forum do not affect the majority of Mavic owners.

I bought a Mavic Pro 3 weeks ago, I immediately upgraded to .700 firmware, I've now upgraded to the .800 firmware and I've hjad zero issues! It's that good I just ordered by DJI Goggles! Go for it, you probably will not regret it!

Welcome to the board
I've had my mavic for 6 weeks I try to fly every day.
Not for pay for enjoyment
it was a present so I've been told it was bought with no discount .....So stable so easy to fly
it come set up in very protective flight mode
.......and if you get overwhelmed at first
it has a button front and center press it twice will send it right back to were you lifted off
I've flown in heavy winds and rain
........If you need help just ask the Member here are great people and walk you through it
I would post a link to a youtube channel but i'm not sure it ok here.?
look up Ed Ricker & 51 Drones both great videos( no affiliation)
at first the updates take a little while I have had no issues none
my only angst.....need more battery's i want to fly longer farther faster Higher.....C
Screenshot_20170609-181751.jpg

Just ordered in via Amazon. Along with polar pro filters, Doubi case, fslabs rapid charger, two additional batteries.

You will love it, but just remember about the firmware upgrades. It's your choice to upgrade it or not. Most do not have problems, but some do and can't fly in their area without requesting an unlock from DJI. Before upgrading, check DJI's NFZ maps. This will give you a good idea about flying, if you decide to upgrade.
My suggestion? If it comes with .400 firmware (likely) stay on that until you are well informed on upgrading and if it is right for you.

Reactions: Desiboyz
You will love it, but just remember about the firmware upgrades. It's your choice to upgrade it or not. Most do not have problems, but some do and can't fly in their area without requesting an unlock from DJI. Before upgrading, check DJI's NFZ maps. This will give you a good idea about flying, if you decide to upgrade.
My suggestion? If it comes with .400 firmware (likely) stay on that until you are well informed on upgrading and if it is right for you.

Good advice. I'll need to check that site. I'm near Camp Pendleton marine base so I think I'm in a yellow area?
Do you have a link to the site for dji NFZ?

Good advice. I'll need to check that site. I'm near Camp Pendleton marine base so I think I'm in a yellow area?
Do you have a link to the site for dji NFZ?
Here you go:
DJI - Fly Safe: No Fly Zones

To get to that link:
DJI Home page -> bottom of the page, click on FlySafe under Education -> Click on No Flyzones (middle link with blue underlines)

I've had the Mavic pro in my shopping cart for 2 weeks about to pull the trigger but I'm reading a lot about the new firmware issues and loosing connections.
Should I be concerned ? Is there a fix for this yet?

I'm a brand new mavic owner and I've been flying it daily for the past 2 weeks. I'll tell ya, it seems almost impossible to crash AS LONG as you have the right settings on haha. Very awesome little thing.

I bought my mavic about 5 days ago and update the new firmware immediately and zero issue here

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00