DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Above Chicago | DJI Mavic Pro

Some great shots! I love it... Even the low-light shot at the end looks really clear and noise-free. What's up with the clouds in that shot? they seem to jump around a bit, is that some sort of post-stabilization?

Some great shots! I love it... Even the low-light shot at the end looks really clear and noise-free. What's up with the clouds in that shot? they seem to jump around a bit, is that some sort of post-stabilization?
Thanks so much!
Yeah, I'm not really sure what causes that with the clouds in that certain scene, but I have seen it happen to other Mavic shots of mine too. If anyone knows the cause of this (and how to fix it), your input would be greatly appreciated!

Wow, so crisp and sharp. Are there any tips or advice you can share, as my stuff just isn't in the same league as that?
Thank you very much! All of the comments are much appreciated!

I would say that keeping it at 24fps-1/50 shutter speed or 30fps-1/60 shutter speed should be the first thing you want to aim for, when trying to get a more cinematic look. In order to keep the shutter that low (slow), you need to use ND filters in anything besides like 15 minutes before the sun is completely set (the only clips in the entire video without ND filters are the last 3). Otherwise, if you try to put the shutter that slow without them, everything will be really blown out in daylight.
Next, maybe work on getting smooth motions with two movements at once (i.e. - general direction + tilting the gimbal up/down, slowly). Then, you can start playing with three movements at once. You can see what I mean by this in my video, where I am circling something (panning + right/left movement), along with a gimbal tilt up/down. The different DJI flight modes would probably help with these kind of shots, but I prefer to do everything manually.

Let me know if you have any other questions! These are just basic tips I can think of.

Awesome video and shots! I thought Chicago was a NFZ, did you have any trouble with Lawmakers?

Love the footage and Chicago! You weren’t concerned about flying over any of those places?
Thank you so much!
It may look like I was in some sketchy places, but most of the shots were either over the water, or in areas where there were not a lot of people. I did not get too close to the skyscrapers, or go over them. THAT would definitely concern me.

What color profile did you shoot in? These shots are AMAZING!!!
Thank you so much! Greatly appreciated!
I used the D-Cinelike color profile for these clips, and for all of my other videos.
Let me know if you were curious about any other settings/etc. I'll very happy to help with any questions! Thanks for watching!

Awesome video and shots! I thought Chicago was a NFZ, did you have any trouble with Lawmakers?
Thank you very much!
Believe it or not, the only NFZ I ran into was for Soldier Field. About a 4 block radius over/around it was all off limits. The only other one you will see is out by Midway airport, which is far outside of the downtown area. The only trouble I had was from some "boat boy" (some guy with a crew of sailboaters, not an officer) on Navy Pier telling me I couldn't fly by Navy Pier, period. I was about to launch off into my planned speech about how "the FAA says it's ok to fly here. What authority or jurisdiction do you, a boat boy, have over them..etc?", but I was finished getting the shots I wanted, so I just brought Mavic back in to spare myself the argument. :)

Nice shots.
Cannot wait to reach Chicago in October.
What all spots do you recommend to be in list for take off ?

And while flying around this sky scrapers, did you find any magnetic interference or lost signal from remote control and phone display ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu