DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Accidental waypoint discovery.

WDKZoom

Reactions
Going through my autonomous flights strictly for practice, I was in waypoint pretty much just making a large square with the camera pointed towards the center. I hovered to check my battery status which is set up through C1. When I hit C1 in waypoint, my drone recorded the altitude and position of the drone. I flew another 50 yards and hit C1 again and it also recorded the altitude and position as waypoint 2 and so on and so on. Just to see what would happen, I hit C2 and it started to erase the waypoints in reverse sequence. Aside from a preplanned mission in cache that I can set up at home this could not be easier as when I travel I often set up to fly a mission around the pickle ball courts when I am playing to capture the action.

Sorry if this is already out there or in the manual but I don't remember reading it and could not find it in a search here.

WDK

After over 2 years of owning my M2, I also started playing with waypoints, particularly since I have extra batteries that I don't fly with due to some swelling.

I forgot you could use the C buttons to add/remove waypoints real time.

Anyone notice that if the app crashes during flight, the programmable buttons no longer work until you land and restart the app? Screen grid disappears too.

After over 2 years of owning my M2, I also started playing with waypoints, particularly since I have extra batteries that I don't fly with due to some swelling.

I forgot you could use the C buttons to add/remove waypoints real time.

Anyone notice that if the app crashes during flight, the programmable buttons no longer work until you land and restart the app? Screen grid disappears too.
I have not experienced that yet.

WDK

Going through my autonomous flights strictly for practice, I was in waypoint pretty much just making a large square with the camera pointed towards the center. I hovered to check my battery status which is set up through C1. When I hit C1 in waypoint, my drone recorded the altitude and position of the drone. I flew another 50 yards and hit C1 again and it also recorded the altitude and position as waypoint 2 and so on and so on. Just to see what would happen, I hit C2 and it started to erase the waypoints in reverse sequence. Aside from a preplanned mission in cache that I can set up at home this could not be easier as when I travel I often set up to fly a mission around the pickle ball courts when I am playing to capture the action.

Sorry if this is already out there or in the manual but I don't remember reading it and could not find it in a search here.

WDK
I have as question related to this.

In my setting up the customization buttons, I have customized my left sided (C1) button to point the gimbal at the ground. Now, if I have already programmed a waypoints route (such as a rectangle), does the C1 assume a different function, rather than the customized pointing down position?

In my setting up the customization buttons, I have customized my left sided (C1) button to point the gimbal at the ground. Now, if I have already programmed a waypoints route (such as a rectangle), does the C1 assume a different function, rather than the customized pointing down position?

C1 options....though as to pointing the camera down or up, I use the little button on the controller.

WDK

Attachments

• 7B527908-ED2C-4335-83E4-28A82A16AFBE.png
    7B527908-ED2C-4335-83E4-28A82A16AFBE.png
    900.6 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Hank Fink
C1 options....though as to pointing the camera down or up, I use the little button on the controller.

WDK
.....sorry I misread your post just a bit.....it was a surprise to me as my C1 is customized for the battery information display, however in waypoint it does record position and altitude but in normal mode it is still the battery display.

WDK

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143