DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Accuracy Test with Trackimo Tracker

RallySoob

Reactions
I just got my Trackimo (TRKM002) & decided to test its accuracy before I put it to work on my Mavic

I took it with me on a 75 mile trip today from eugene to salem and then back another 75. I put the update setting to every 1 minute.

The pics will show where the tracker marks me as parked and the colored arrow is where I actually parked. I made 2 stops, it was only 1-2 spots off.

6e2706ec66f08b49385de6a55324291f.jpg

0a44fe109ca230aa733b8069ddfea3b2.jpg

Also, i left the tracker in my car then went inside my house to view the app which showed the 2 points almost perfectly with a directional arrow pointing from my phone's marker straight to the tracker's marker just as i pointed my phone at the car . That will be a huge help. Real time directional assistance. Also, they added a audible beep tone u can activate in case u cant get a visual.

fc8ec27bf83ffa07b9bcd01a5130c376.jpg

It was much more accurate than i anticipated. When i watched the tracker app realtime when going 70 mph on freeway it would update my tracker point every minute to the exact point my cell phone marker would be while traveling that fast. I expected there to be some lagg. I did not expect it to be so quik/live

9ce7fb4b89676d5561631eadf14e545d.jpg

Also, note these are not only cellular 3G but they use GPS and WiFi so it will still work if your outside of phone reception. I believe it would have some lagg when running off just gps but you probably still find it. That i need to test. Also cellular roaming is free & it works world wide, one of only trackers to do so

The first year of service is truly Free with no cc# or personal info required fyi. The sim card comes pre loaded with year subscription. Its super easy to activate. The website has an online tracking tool thats similar to the app but with access to more advanced settings

For now i'll use my tile in addition to trackimo for added safety but i would be confident using only the trackimo

*note: the latest version of tracker IOS app has some bugs they are working out. It was just recently overhauled which caused a few new issues like only reading KPH no mph, text messaging not working on any reminder/button/fence functions, battery life meter gone, and its pissed off all their ios customers no doubt. But it was only few wks ago so i expect a fix asap. based on their history of updates it wont be long. Its still very usable obviously. The only bug that affected me is the batt meter issue really.

This is where I mounted it to my bird...

086411cb4271c1e3001009bea6da293f.jpg

Price: 99$ on Amazon with free 1 year subscription
*after 12mo you must sign up for a 5$ a month subscription.
-the extra battery and charging dock kit is 20$'ish

Last edited:
Update: they fixed the battery meter function already, i did not notice til now. So now they need to fix the 12hr time option, mph option, & activate text messages again then its fixed

** If you have trackimo app currently installed, DO NOT UPDATE your app until the next update fix is released!

Nice! might have to pick one up next pay day. Also good to see another PA drone flyer on the board!

PA drone flyer?

Thanks...

I hope dji incorporates a standalone tracker like this into their mavic 2 build. It would be so easy for them & they could make it snap into place all streamline like. Plus it would bring a company like trackimo or whoever they use a ton of new business with all the drones they sell it would prob take their numbers thru the roof

For now, fear not with Trackimo it is a quality device. Confirmed

PA drone flyer?

Thanks...

I hope dji incorporates a standalone tracker like this into their mavic 2 build. It would be so easy for them & they could make it snap into place all streamline like. Plus it would bring a company like trackimo or whoever they use a ton of new business with all the drones they sell it would prob take their numbers thru the roof

For now, fear not with Trackimo it is a quality device. Confirmed

Yeah the drive you took shows Lebanon and Harrisburg, both in PA. So I assumed you were in PA

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I see Salem and Eugene OR on the drive.

I on the other hand flew my Mav in Lancaster PA over the holidays !

Flying a Mavic Pro with an Acer Iconia One 7" tablet running latest Android OS

Which model Trackimo ? I see many 2G models online TRK100 for cheap but know the network is valid until 2020. Did you get the M002 model ?

I think the 3g version is $139 or something cause that is what I bought. I haven't tested it with Mavic but have tested it in my car and random spots. One observation I made is it is spot on when it gets a GPS signal but using cellphone towers it can be off by a mile or more making searches for the drone in places that its not even near. Ordered a Tile as well for close proxy tracking to make up for gps error.
Don't know about you but I find the beep on the Trackimo very quet so if it was in a tree outside I would not hear it. Hopefully the Tile mate is louder. I plan to use velcro to mount it in back above status light since my first attempt to mount it on the top of head of the mavic made it look funny and less aerodynamic.

What is the benefit of the 3G version if it is less reliable anyhow? Wouldn't the $99 GPS version be as good as is required?

What is the benefit of the 3G version if it is less reliable anyhow?
2G service is apparently going to be permanently discontinued in some locations soon. I don't think that has happened anywhere yet.

2G service is apparently going to be permanently discontinued in some locations soon. I don't think that has happened anywhere yet.

At&t shut it off this week. Only reason it made news was because it rendered the original iPhone useless on its 10th anniversary.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I never knew there were multiple versions. I bought the one on amazon thats advertised as the latest version. It has 3g, gps and wifi as stated in OP

TRKM002 is model # listed

6779708d887db20b39fd3e0e3c7efbcf.jpg

Do not be fooled , you should not pay more than 100$ for latest trackimo. The old ones are not available for activation as i understand thus you cant buy them?

Anyway, the beep function is also not working because of update so i have not heard the beep volume yet

I use a tile for that too. I am the guy thats been advocating Tile as 2ndary tracker ;) The tile beep is 90 decibels and can be heard from its max range of 135ft ish. There are range tests on youtube u can watch. I mount tile on opposite side as my trackimo

37c5d1529c699a2cb96bac797c66c067.jpg
10f08976dc7058d9440d55ddd484186a.jpg

As far as accuracy claims go... right after activation, on the 1st day i noticed it was severely off , by a mile or so but i read it takes a while for all systems to sync up. The next day it was spot on. I had left it on overnite in view of the sky, that seemed to work well.

Last edited:
Which model Trackimo ? I see many 2G models online TRK100 for cheap but know the network is valid until 2020. Did you get the M002 model ?

You read the op & still thought its possible im using the old 2g only version?

What is the benefit of the 3G version if it is less reliable anyhow? Wouldn't the $99 GPS version be as good as is required?

You are confused. There is only 1 version to buy now and it has 3G, GPS and wifi. It is the best, most accurate version to date. It is 99$. Read the OP, you can see the info is all there... 99$/3g+gps+wifi+performance test [emoji1360]

Last edited:
The thing is hair bigger than ide like but usable atleast. Marco polo is great just not user interface for me. Its of 1960's tech but it works if u only need short range tracking under 2 miles.. most dont go past that i guess. But hey u dont need cell cov to use trackimo fyi. Gps and wifi tracking still work

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the 3g version uses the 3g network to update the trackimo app for location weather its Cell or GPS.
Yes if you leave it on for a while it will get better signal but also battery drains so I usually turn it on right before I need to fly with it which takes a while to get signal which is a bit fustrating.

If the areas I fly in typically offered cell coverage I would get a tracker for sure. As it is most of the ares I fly in have no cell coverage. I have a Delorme GPS tracker for when I'm traveling off-road on my motorcycle though. It uses a satellite uplink and doesn't require any cell coverage to work. Sadly it's pretty heavy (7 oz) and not as small as these trackers that work off cell sites. I may play with strapping it on for a test flight though just to see how it impacts handling and battery life. If it doesn't adversly affect flight too bad I may use it upon occasion for flying in rugged terrain.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the 3g version uses the 3g network to update the trackimo app for location weather its Cell or GPS.
Yes if you leave it on for a while it will get better signal but also battery drains so I usually turn it on right before I need to fly with it which takes a while to get signal which is a bit fustrating.
So... Is the GPS only used for data upload and the position is actually acquired from the 3G network? GPS is not used for positioning???

no, other way arround. When I siad "3G update for location" I ment the GPS location. So GPS gets the coordinates the 3g sends these coordinates to cellphone app. I could be wrong though.,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu