DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Acting like it's in beginer mode

Reactions
Hi, pilots.

My Mavic Pro won't ascend higher than 30 meters, or go more than 30 meters away from it's takeoff point. I've checked the MC menu and it says beginner mode is off. My max altitude is set to 120 meters. My controller is physically switched in position mode.

I have the latest firmware. This is a new problem. I was flying normally with the drone a mile distant earlier in the day. Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem is?

You might have somehow gotten logged out. On the app, click "Me" and see if your user name and flight records are there. Also in settings if you are logged in - near the bottom of the screen you should see an option to "Sign Out".

I've just encountered a similar problem with my Mavic. In my case I'm definitely logged in on the app (I signed out and signed in again to be sure), but I'm locked inside a 30m high 50m radius bubble. At 30m the app reports that I've reached 'maximum altitude' and to adjust the MC settings (currently 120m max alt). Max range setting is 'off'.

I've just encountered a similar problem with my Mavic. In my case I'm definitely logged in on the app (I signed out and signed in again to be sure), but I'm locked inside a 30m high 50m radius bubble. At 30m the app reports that I've reached 'maximum altitude' and to adjust the MC settings (currently 120m max alt). Max range setting is 'off'.
..and fixed. The solution involved uninstalling and re-installing Go 4 (4.1.3) then signing into the DJI account while connected to the Mavic. For whatever reason this wouldn't work using Go 4 (4.0.7) though I notice that the changelog for 4.1.3 is 'Bugs Fix'.

I had the identical problem. Tried uninstalling DJI Pilot and reinstalling but drone only worked properly once and then went back the 30m max height and 50m max radius. The manual says that I should re-calibrate the compass when I fly more than 50km from the previous location. SOLVED THE PROBLEM.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crumple