DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track and disappointing speed

Nigpd

Reactions
I upgraded to .900 to take advantage of the ability to set the Active Track speed using the slider in the app.

I tried it for the first time this evening on a rowing boat. Drew the box round the subject, put the slider on max to 15 m/sec., pressed trace and hit go on the green box. Subject moved off not going any real speed, but Mavic lagged behind badly. Wouldn't hit anywhere near 15m/sec, more like 1-2m/sec.

Resulted in the boat moving away and the Mavic not keeping up.

Am I doing anything wrong or have I missed something here?

I upgraded to .900 to take advantage of the ability to set the Active Track speed using the slider in the app.

I tried it for the first time this evening on a rowing boat. Drew the box round the subject, put the slider on max to 15 m/sec., pressed trace and hit go on the green box. Subject moved off not going any real speed, but Mavic lagged behind badly. Wouldn't hit anywhere near 15m/sec, more like 1-2m/sec.

Resulted in the boat moving away and the Mavic not keeping up.

Am I doing anything wrong or have I missed something here?

Are you saying it would not keep up with a row boat?

After drawing the box, did you get a green GO button that you pressed? Otherwise the target is not locked

After drawing the box, did you get a green GO button that you pressed? Otherwise the target is not locked
Yes, hit the green go button and saw the small green circle lock on and stay with the boat for a couple of seconds, but the Mavic just would not keep up

Yes, hit the green go button and saw the small green circle lock on and stay with the boat for a couple of seconds, but the Mavic just would not keep up

DIdn't you see (and click) a "OK" box near the green targeting box? One has to click that OK for Active Track to kick in

DIdn't you see (and click) a "OK" box near the green targeting box? One has to click that OK for Active Track to kick in
didn't you read that he exactly did this?
One has to read the full thread before posting
;)

How fast can they go? My Mavic will travel at least 25 mph in Active Track.

didn't you read that he exactly did this?
One has to read the full thread before posting
;)

I read it all, just as I quoted it, but my mind skipped that "hit" parte because it made no sense at all: first he talks about the "go" button and only after that he sais he "saw the green circle lock on" while the sequence is the exact opposite: first you draw the green circle, which locks on the target, and only after that you get the GO box to hit

Obviously you didn't noptice that post # 9 was fully quoted in my reply. "One has to read at least the full post before posting" [semi quote]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929