DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active track... choosing Trace, Spotlight or Profile

dgreno

Reactions
I did a test today of Active Track, but can't figure out how to select the sub-modes (trace, spotlight, profile). In some articles and videos, a menu seems to come in from the right that allows a selection to be made, but I never saw it. What am I missing?

Had a good day though...

Was that an otter? It looked like an otter splashed in the water in that break in the road/dam just as you were approaching it.

I was trying to figure out where in Northern California that was... I'm guessing it's Nicasio Reservoir based on your other videos, or someplace else nearby.

I grew up and lived most of my life in the East Bay before bugging out to Texas. So it reminds me of my youth in Lafayette as well as the vast hills of Livermore.

Otters... who would have thought?

I was trying to figure out where in Northern California that was... I'm guessing it's Nicasio Reservoir based on your other videos, or someplace else nearby.

I grew up and lived most of my life in the East Bay before bugging out to Texas. So it reminds me of my youth in Lafayette as well as the vast hills of Livermore.

Otters... who would have thought?

You got it... Nicasio Reservoir. Apparently the river otters are making a comeback in Northern California.

You got it... Nicasio Reservoir. Apparently the river otters are making a comeback in Northern California.

Any native animal bigger than a mouse that is making a comeback is fine by me. The more the merrier. :)

I saw it as we approached the gap in the old road. The is the second time I've accidentally caught wildlife with the drone. I was using my Phantom 3 4K to practice with Litchi and was flying up my street and over my house. When I looked at the final footage I saw a fox run out from under the deck and up the hill in the back yard. Pretty cool and we ended up having a fox with seven kits living under the deck for a couple of months and basically destroying the landscaping... cute though!

Attachments

• DSC06327_edited-1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 57
  • DSC06310_edited-1.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 56
Reactions: jerryflah
I did a test today of Active Track, but can't figure out how to select the sub-modes (trace, spotlight, profile). In some articles and videos, a menu seems to come in from the right that allows a selection to be made, but I never saw it. What am I missing?

Had a good day though...

I have the same issue. Any particular answer to help me out?

I was wondering the same thing myself and then came across the answer today while flying.

After entering Active Track mode and selecting your object to track (don't hit OK yet), the sub-modes will pop-in on the right of the screen. Select your mode then press OK.

Profile was pretty fun to play with while running around in an empty parking lot. I could see spotlight being occasionally useful as well.

I was wondering the same thing myself and then came across the answer today while flying.

After entering Active Track mode and selecting your object to track (don't hit OK yet), the sub-modes will pop-in on the right of the screen. Select your mode then press OK.

Profile was pretty fun to play with while running around in an empty parking lot. I could see spotlight being occasionally useful as well.

I've been trying to work this one out too - will try this tonight. Thanks for the tip.

I saw it as we approached the gap in the old road. The is the second time I've accidentally caught wildlife with the drone. I was using my Phantom 3 4K to practice with Litchi and was flying up my street and over my house. When I looked at the final footage I saw a fox run out from under the deck and up the hill in the back yard. Pretty cool and we ended up having a fox with seven kits living under the deck for a couple of months and basically destroying the landscaping... cute though!

Very nice. Maybe a Silver Fox as opposed to a Red Fox.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo