DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track - Looking straight down

Reactions
Can anyone assist here - I'm probably doing this wrong; but...

I'm trying to use Active Track to follow a rower, but the problem is that it's not actually following. The drone stays still and the gimbal pans - but what I'm actually trying to do is be just behind the rowers and then select them and have it follow at the desired hight and angle - and also to be directly over them and the camera looking straight down and then follow. In this case the drone just keeps still and loses them from the shot without following...
They are moving when I set the shot; and I can't get them to stop while I set the target and then have them set off. Can anyone identify where the problem is and what I could or should be doing right that I'm clearly getting wrong...
I used to be able to do this on my old Mavic but I can't seem to get it to work now with AT2 and my MP2.

Thanks!

Maybe in spotlight mode and not follow me mode
I did wonder about that - But I think that's what it's doing at the moment - i.e. the drone staying still and the gimbal/camera just tracking rather than the drone also following?
Isn't that how/what Spotlight mode does?

I did wonder about that - But I think that's what it's doing at the moment - i.e. the drone staying still and the gimbal/camera just tracking rather than the drone also following?
Isn't that how/what Spotlight mode does?

So, choose any mode in Active Track but NOT the Spotlight mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S