DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active track Mavic AIR VS. Mavic 2 PRO

Nicholasq89

Reactions
Hello guys!

Last week I went snowboarding with my Mavic AIR for the first time and was awesome! ?
The only problem I found is that while snowboarding, the Mavic was not able to follow the altitude decrease..
In fact the drone was moving only forward and lateral but not downward..

Then sunday I tried with Mavic 2 PRO up and down on a riverbank and it was able to go up and down with me..

Someone of you know why??

Is there some function to be activated?

Hello guys!

Last week I went snowboarding with my Mavic AIR for the first time and was awesome! ?
The only problem I found is that while snowboarding, the Mavic was not able to follow the altitude decrease..
In fact the drone was moving only forward and lateral but not downward..

Then sunday I tried with Mavic 2 PRO up and down on a riverbank and it was able to go up and down with me..

Someone of you know why??

Is there some function to be activated?
I'm looking at getting the Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic Air for snowboarding. I noticed the Mavic 2 Pro can operate in temperatures as low as -10 C. What do you do with the controller? Is there a way to lock it and put it in your backpack while riding?

Thanks

I'm looking at getting the Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic Air for snowboarding. I noticed the Mavic 2 Pro can operate in temperatures as low as -10 C. What do you do with the controller? Is there a way to lock it and put it in your backpack while riding?

Thanks

I tried only with mavic AIR, and the tracking is not perfect.. so many times you have to re-bind the active track..
I don't think it's a good idea to put the remote controller in the backpack...
Maybe you can buy a support with laynard and keep it at your neck in order to be free with hands..

I tried only with mavic AIR, and the tracking is not perfect.. so many times you have to re-bind the active track..
I don't think it's a good idea to put the remote controller in the backpack...
Maybe you can buy a support with laynard and keep it at your neck in order to be free with hands..
Some version of lanyard could. work. Maybe something that sticks it to my chest like a GoPro chest mount. I'll mess around with different ideas. I really want to use it in the back country in deep powder so there's the problem of it getting wet if not in pouch etc. Maybe I'll just have to trade off filming with a friend.

Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: j.r.r.
What do you do with the controller? Is there a way to lock it and put it in your backpack while riding?
Not sure if you are asking about the M2P or the MA; but the MA has a Smart Capture mode whereby you can control it through gesture commands without needing the remote. Been trying it these past few days, it obviously has its limits but it is a pretty nifty feature. I have seen video on YT of people using it for filming themselves snowboarding. You might want to look in to it.

Not sure if you are asking about the M2P or the MA; but the MA has a Smart Capture mode whereby you can control it through gesture commands without needing the remote. Been trying it these past few days, it obviously has its limits but it is a pretty nifty feature. I have seen video on YT of people using it for filming themselves snowboarding. You might want to look in to it.
Great. I'll check that out.

Some version of lanyard could. work. Maybe something that sticks it to my chest like a GoPro chest mount. I'll mess around with different ideas. I really want to use it in the back country in deep powder so there's the problem of it getting wet if not in pouch etc. Maybe I'll just have to trade off filming with a friend.

Thanks for the reply.
Try this from Roboterwek... hangs where you can see the screen with no hands needed.

Can you please quote the YT link of the video? I'm not able to find it...
Thanks a lot!

Can you please quote the YT link of the video? I'm not able to find it...
Thanks a lot!
Here is one I saw; but it was apparently skiing, not snowboarding.

And here is another one; the poster only says they used "Active Track" - which probably means this was not really smart capture mode. But follow me in smart capture mode basically uses either one of the two active track modes; the only difference is you are limited when it comes to height and distance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929