DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track question

Chris_GREECE

Reactions
IMG_0214.JPG Hello pilots,
Here is my favorite and lovely car, it is the Losi mtxl, 1 meter long and 75cm width.
What I want is your opinion regarding size. Do you think it is large enough for trace it with Mavic?
I am new to Mavic only 5 flights until now and last Sunday I tried my first track trace with my rc car. Not so successful, I was 3 meters above and 3 meters behind, I locked it and press go. Then I started slow run with the car, Mavic started to follow but during doing circle with slow speed the Mavic was loosing the car. I did not have the time to try lock it from different sides but I would like to have your opinions about this. The area was an open area without trees etc, just big open space.
Thank you.

Reactions: kevinmavic1736
That is an awesome car! You may have to try different heights and distances to find the sweet spot. 3 meters might be a bit close. Which mode in active track were you using? I would love to see some video.

Reactions: Vilco
That is an awesome car! You may have to try different heights and distances to find the sweet spot. 3 meters might be a bit close. Which mode in active track were you using? I would love to see some video.
Hello FDS!!!
Thank you for your advise and for your nice words!!! Yes I love it and it is a big toy!!! I choosed the normal mode, no profile, no spotlight as it was my first attempt. I will follow your advise but it would be nice as my first thought to film it near but yes maybe this can to be done.
What about to lock it above the car with the camera face full down on the roof of the car? Could this be work better?

Thank you, but even if it trace it to 10m then the car will be invisible!!!!! But i will try!!!!

Not sure but I think you have to fly at 10 meters.

In active track the minimun height is drastically reduced in respect to other intelligent fligth modes. I did many active track shootings at just 3 meters, and my first one was with the Mavic 2 meters from ground level. But you must be very careful when flying that low

Thank you all for your suggestions/answers. This weekend I will try again having more time (I hope) for testing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803